Forestieri

I can understand FF having his head turned by another club offering him more, I can understand him being unhappy that he isn't our highest earner but you don't refuse to play.

I get he may not be in the best place mentally with all that is going on but you don't just go and disrespect the club, it's fans, teammates etc....

Agree to play and have sit down talks with the club after the game or today, go and be a sub or atleast attend and support the team.

Don't refuse.

2 minutes ago, TheNightShift said:

I haven't really been following this, however if my company  employed someone with half my skill/talent  for double my salary , I also would have motivation problems and be inclined to tell them to get stuffed 

Or sit down and ask for a pay rise. 

Similar thing happened to me at work obviously on different money levels.

I started on 33k a few years back. Worked my way up to 70k a few years later.

New kid starts with zero experience and starts on 70k. The going rate.

Was i upset a bit yes, did i complain and and carry on like spoilt child NO!!!!

New kid turned out to be gem and it created a good team environment. Fessi obviously thought differently

No doubt he'll be off, but I'd imagine we'll make him sweat it out till just before the window closes.

Hopefully that will create a bit of a bidding war amongst the interested clubs, ending up with one of them paying well over the odds on deadline day

I have full trust in DC to bring this to a conclusion that's best for the club

32 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

He has let everyone down big style.

My head tells me to let him go for big money.My heart says put him the under 21's for 3 years and lock his registration in the chansiri safe and thro away the key.

Fukk him

Well it's pretty much the stance they've taken with Lachman after his attitude problems. Will be interesting to see if Carlos has the same response with Forestieri

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well it's pretty much the stance they've taken with Lachman after his attitude problems. Will be interesting to see if Carlos has the same response with Forestieri

Yes a great idea it would make the atmosphere at the training ground high

3 minutes ago, TheNightShift said:

Has anyone actually listened to Fessi's side of the story, or is this the usual Owlstalk Kangaroo Court syndrome

All our stars have had their contracts renewed or extended without going on strike. Neither is there any suggestion that the club do not pay very good

wages. Suggest FF gets a new agent.

4 minutes ago, TheNightShift said:

Has anyone actually listened to Fessi's side of the story, or is this the usual Owlstalk Kangaroo Court syndrome

No but I have listened to our Coach . 

Not interested in any excuse not to play , If his heads not right its up to Carlos to chose not to play him .

To make yourself unavailable is unforgivable and un professional .

Tell the press everyone has their price. If anyone wants FF then the price is 20m.

Tell FF to roll his socks up as he wont be sold until the vaualtion is met. If he refuses to play then don't pay his wages and make him train with the reserves. 

He'll soon sort his head out then.

18 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

FF could have slapped in a transfer request rather than going on strike. Players lose money doing that however.

Exactly. 

Slap a request in IF he's pining for a move. 

Whether this is the work of his agent or Fernando - he's had an absolute mare here. 

All that good will from the fanbase has all but evaporated within the space of 24 hours. 

There's only one outcome here imho - and that's him getting sold before the end of the window, hopefully for an obscene amount of money. 

43 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

New kid turned out to be gem and it created a good team environment. Fessi obviously thought differently

Nice boast post.

"I EARN £70K+, LADS"

45 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

This is more like your work headhunting a guy with bags of experience to take them to the next level.  Obviously not going to come in on £33k

There are some fans absolutely slating Forestieri and I admit that was my first reaction, but thinking about it a bit more I can have some sympathy IF it is a certain scenario.  If Forestieri is one of the lower paid members of the first team then I can understand him being angry or upset.  We have to remember that this is work and a business to many players.  They are selling their skill to the club and if you see someone you think has lesser ability being paid more, then tell me that would not anger or upset you.  I think Forestieri could, in this scenario, have gone about things a little better but he's only human and we all make mistakes.  I'm willing to give him a bit of slack until we learn the truth of the matter.

The above is what I've said on my site about the Forestieri situation.  Haven't got time to catch up with over 100 pages on the subject, but just throwing my two cents in. 

Does anyone have a recording of the Sky interview with Forestieri and Lee after the Aston Villa game? @Grimbarian? I think we need to do some Owlstalk analysis on it.

From what I remember it sounded like Forestieri was still very complimentary of the team spirit at that point in time, despite it apparently being after he'd refused to play. Very strange.