Forestieri

4 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Bang on.

DC ain't no mug. I think he'll screw FF over unless he is willing to rectify this situation. Having worked with many Thais they don't take kindly to being treated with contempt, it's all about respect. 

How can he rectify this Orlando?

What it amounts to is that Chansiri doesn't want to pay him more. Wednesday have a centre half now on £25 000 a week, so I guess it's fair comment that if that's the yardstick then he's underpaid. Doubtless that's what his agent's been telling him, anyway. It's funny how all this has blown up since new contracts were dished out to others. Chansiri is a novice in this game, and as Mandaric said "he'll make mistakes". Perhaps this is his first. In the end it's what a player is worth to you. Wednesday either cough up or sell to Newcastle. If the £12 million bid by them is bona fide, then take it...and thereafter give Derby a tickle.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

What it amounts to is that Chansiri doesn't want to pay him more. Wednesday have a centre half now on £25 000 a week, so I guess it's fair comment that if that's the yardstick then he's underpaid. Doubtless that's what his agent's been telling him, anyway. It's funny how all this has blown up since new contracts were dished out to others. Chansiri is a novice in this game, and as Mandaric said "he'll make mistakes". Perhaps this is his first. In the end it's what a player is worth to you. Wednesday either cough up or sell to Newcastle. If the £12 million bid by them is bona fide, then take it...and thereafter give Derby a tickle.

Saw a tweet tonight so could be rounduns that said there are 7 players on more than Forestieri at the club.

10 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Bang on.

DC ain't no mug. I think he'll screw FF over unless he is willing to rectify this situation. Having worked with many Thais they don't take kindly to being treated with contempt, it's all about respect. 

I know someone that works at the club and she says that DC is ruthless. 

9 minutes ago, MAL said:

He hasn't murdered or harmed anybody.

He has either been ill advised, or just plain greedy, or his head is not in the right place.

If he apologises,  he deserves a second chance.

We have all been given a second chance somewhere in our lives, he who casts the first stone, and all that.

He hasn't murdered anyone no, but he did bring that selfie stick.

Edited by Randowl

I am actually totally relieved.

I was really worried we were reverting to type of being a selling club and were actively involved in the selling process.

The attitude from CC & on behalf of DC seems hugely uncompromising.

It has been said at least 3 or 4 times now that "None of our player's are for sale".

Also CCs statement that FF is expected for training in the morning & if he doesn't turn up will be punished is also quite telling.

Clearly FF is going to have to eat humble pie and it seems the rehabilitation process is already under way. Read a piece where it said FF doesn't want to leave S6, he has been badly advised etc etc. Not sure how genuine it is but i reckon this is how it will pan out.

Clearly DC & CC are presenting a United front and willing to call his & his agent's bluff and i wouldn't be surprised to see an in depth apology from FF, a period out of the picture followed by a gradual rehab back into the fold.

Either way and regardless of what the future holds for FF, i am delighted we have stood strong and basically told FF & his agent and the likes of the opportunists of Derby & Newcastle who smelt blood that the old days of Wednesday being a selling club are a thing of the past.

On the subject of FF staying. One provision would be that he parts company with his agent and it would be non negotiable. Apart from that, we need to be pragmatic. FF is a brilliant player and it is better he comes back into the fold albeit with his tail between his legs than him going elsewhere.

Whatever happens it also tells other players & clubs not to f**k with us in future. 

2 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

I know someone that works at the club and she says that DC is ruthless. 

From what I've read about how business is done in the far east there is a right way and a wrong way of doing things and there is very little  middle ground. Some of it almost seems ceremonial. Thing is  you don't just disrespect a person you disrespect the family even ancestors in some cases.

Feels to be more to this than just another club showing interest.  Hes up until the last few days been saying how much he loves the club and wants to stay here a long time and it is believable to me.  Nothing on the pitch has happened,  the team is doing well so what's charged.  If seems a drastic move if it's over rumored interest from another club.  Yes players have done this before but it's usually after protracted tension between player and club and a big move.  That seems to be absent here.  I think there's more to this than we know 

Westwood, Bannan, Lee, Lees, Hooper, Fletcher & Abdi have all signed contracts since Forestieri signed. I think it's likely that most if not all of these are now paid more than him. 

I reckon his agent's been in his ear telling how much Derby would pay him and it's all got out of hand. 

He's our best player. Give him a contract that reflects that, get him to say sorry to the fans and his teammates and let bygones be bygones. 

Edited by Random Task