NEW SWFC KIT REVEALED - What do you think?

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

That home shirt is certainly a good way to spoil a kit launch.

wrong blue.

wrong stripes.

just awful.

give us our badge back as well!

Fucccck that viva la new badge

viva la new kit

viva la actually having good players

viva la new Wednesday

I like it, bit different. At the end of the day it's a kit. If the players who end up wearing it get us promoted we could wear pink and yellow stripes and flip flops for all I care. If anything its probably best people don't recognise us as the "Wednesday" of the past 20 years. If only we would have been wearing thicker stripes we would have won the lot by now..........

2 minutes ago, badfan said:

If you look closely the shirts say SWFC on one armband and 1867 on the other across all 3 shirts. Anniversary may not be until next season but it was still definitely in Chansiri's train of thought when they designed these kits. I can live with a couple of years worth of different home shirts... but back to blue and white stripes and black shorts after that please.

In short - it's a nice shirt - but just not Sheffield Wednesday.

I think you've read that correctly, move away from tradition this season in order to move back in the anniversary year, more impact that way.

Seriously though, how hard is it to just make a shirt just with normal blue and white stripes?

I'm obviously not going to buy one as I am a fully grown adult so my main concern is that the players on the pitch look like they play for Sheffield Wednesday.  Is that really so much to ask?

FWIW

i like them all.   

Its the blokes that wear them that make the difference. 

You could put 11 blokes out there wearing hessian sacks and as long as they do the business I'm all in. 

I like the home shirt, retro look to it. Loving the black away shirt. The club never win when it comes to a new design, some will love it and others will hate it. It's the same ever season. As long as the players wearing the shirt are giving us good football, I couldn't care less about the design. Just so happens I like these shirts. 

For what its worth, I actually like the home shirt.  I'm not a fan of the black and orange, but the 3rd strip is good.  Yeah its different, its not "traditional", but what the hell, I've supported Wednesday since mid Eighties and we've seen some awful kits that just weren't Wednesday.  I'm still here, as are all of you.  We love our club with a passion that goes beyond the cut of our cloth.  Won't it make the unveiling of the 150th anniversary kit that little bit more exciting...................................

It's not that much different to this one we had briefly in the early 1960's. That one was a beauty too. I'm a traditionalist and I love retro shirts but both the shirt and the badge are nothing new. We've had pin stripes before and been stripe less before. It's only for one season, then we'll have something for the 150th anniversary season. I like it but think it would've looked better with black shorts like in the early 60's.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1962-1963.gif