NEW SWFC KIT REVEALED - What do you think?

3 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

It's not that much different to this one we had briefly in the early 1960's. That one was a beauty too. I'm a traditionalist and I love retro shirts but both the shirt and the badge are nothing new. We've had pin stripes before and been stripe less before. It's only for one season, then we'll have something for the 150th anniversary season. I like it but think it would've looked better with black shorts like in the early 60's.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1962-1963.gif

The stripes are thinner than that

1 minute ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

It's not that much different to this one we had briefly in the early 1960's. That one was a beauty too. I'm a traditionalist and I love retro shirts but both the shirt and the badge are nothing new. We've had pin stripes before and been stripe less before. It's only for one season, then we'll have something for the 150th anniversary season. I like it but think it would've looked better with black shorts like in the early 60's.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1962-1963.gif

Sheffield Wednesday traditionalists only want tradition that reminds them of Chris Waddle and David Hirst unfortunately. 

The shirts look top quality and I really like the home and the white away shirt, if the material good quality and the badge is sewn and not ironed on they will be fantastic. I'm also looking forward to seeing the goalie kits. 

Also worth mentioning the sponsor which looks great also, countless kits are ruined by the sponsor these days. 

10 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Seriously though, how hard is it to just make a shirt just with normal blue and white stripes?

I'm obviously not going to buy one as I am a fully grown adult so my main concern is that the players on the pitch look like they play for Sheffield Wednesday.  Is that really so much to ask?

Unless there on TV how will you no if they look like Wednesday or not?

There's no one bigger on tradition and history than me. However, in DC's defence he is well aware that it's not so much about the shirt that goes on the pitch and much more the shirt that goes on the fans backs. These new designs (home shirt in particular) must be much more a sports shirt with broader appeal than the bold stripe. 

3 minutes ago, iliveinthenow said:

Home kit sales gonna be down this season then.

If we're top four all season , sign a couple more top players I reckon they will become best sellers for years . It's different . Barcelona and Bayern do weird stuff with their kits every year and they still fly off the shelves   

Just now, Owls2k said:

Sheffield Wednesday traditionalists only want tradition that reminds them of Chris Waddle and David Hirst unfortunately. 

The shirts look top quality and I really like the home and the white away shirt, if the material good quality and the badge is sewn and not ironed on they will be fantastic. I'm also looking forward to seeing the goalie kits. 

Also worth mentioning the sponsor which looks great also, countless kits are ruined by the sponsor these days. 

We wore it in a few matches

Guest The Horse

This will be the first replica shirt I'll have bought since '90.
It will be remembered as iconic and a collectors item.

Love it.

1 minute ago, Geosword said:

This will be the first replica shirt I'll have bought since '90.
It will be remembered as iconic and a collectors item.

Love it.

If the quality is decent it will be my first since the last promotion season, looks excellent. 

The home shirt isn't our kit. If that's our new kit then we've changed kit.

its nothing like anything we've ever worn in my lifetime.

dont like it. 

Don't mind a change now and then but not into someone else's kit...

It's not even the right colour.

It's a badly done copy of the one we had for just a few games in the 60s. That doesn't make it traditional.

Not a bad design and I'd admire it if it was someone else's.  Millwall for example. 

It's just not a Wednesday kit. *waits for someone on point out: it is now.

Changing things is just a power trip and the price we pay these days to have a foreign owner who will hopefully bring us some success.