NEW SWFC KIT REVEALED - What do you think?

8 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

As a neutral, the away and third kits look decent. But (and I'm sorry here) that home kit is just not Wednesday. It looks like an Ipswich or Gillingham kit. Maybe it'll be a good seller though, it's different/unique? 

I agree with this.

It's just not us. Looks like bloody Ipswich or Millwall.

Its not a Wednesday shirt in my eyes. Where do you even start. No stripes, blue shorts. I mean the blue isnt even the right blue.

Weve messed this one up. Nobody in the world would recognise that as a Wednesday kit.

I like the home kit and the third kit the most.

The home shirt is beautiful and slightly looks retro and a bit like the rare 1960's butchers apron shirt. However that one had slightly thicker pin stripes and black shorts and looked even nicer. I think it would look better with black shorts rather than blue shorts. The hooped socks on all three kits are nice. The home shirt and badge changes are modern and different but also a part of the club's history because we had a similar shirt for a brief period in the early 60's and the badge is the original one. To me it shows Chansiri is fascinated with the club's history, reviving forgotten parts of it and he's bringing the club into the 21st century. It will probably be for just one season before we have a special kit for the 150th anniversary of the club the following season but I might be in a minority because I like it and liked that 1960's butchers apron shirt too.

Was the internet invented when we had that hideous home shirt when Pleat was manager and Ritchie Humphries scored 60 goals in the first 4 games and we was top of the league and I remember I was on holiday in Cornwall and only saw the kit on front of shoot magazine cos Hirsty was modelling it and I saw it in the shop and bought the magazine for like 80p and thought oh no there's no stripes but then we went top of league so wasn't too fussed but looking back I hated that kit even if Regi Blinker did wear it.

But this one. I might be able to like it.

I love LOVE the black and orange though. Although I had to squint at first thought it might be red.

My two cents....

Firstly, leaking transfers is fair game, posting these however desperate we are to see the kits just undermines the club in my eyes.

Secondly, I'm a traditionalist and therefore I'm not a fan of the new home kit, that said I wouldn't spit my dummy out about it. My guess would be the owner was keen to give us something completely different and maybe hasn't understood that fans are happy to buy what is effectively the same striped design each year. 

Very retro designs which is why I think people are not liking them. The home shirt isn't our traditional style (which is what I want admittedly), however, it strangely looks nice on Forestieri when you see it alongside the shorts and socks.

That white one looks absolutely gorgeous

If you look closely the shirts say SWFC on one armband and 1867 on the other across all 3 shirts. Anniversary may not be until next season but it was still definitely in Chansiri's train of thought when they designed these kits. I can live with a couple of years worth of different home shirts... but back to blue and white stripes and black shorts after that please.

In short - it's a nice shirt - but just not Sheffield Wednesday.

1 minute ago, daztheowl said:

If that's the new kit the queue at OITP will be in the single figures

Nonsense. It will be a cult kit. Believe you me. I wasn't going to that park thing but I am now, just so I can get my hands on the kit.