what an atmosphere

Me and the lad have just had our best journey back to Chorley in the 10 years he's been going.,

Buzzing

I was reminding him of the horrendous journeys we've had, losing to Stevenage, 10 man Yeovil, outplayed by orient etc etc

I can't believe the team we have now!!

Uto

What a night, what an atmosphere, what a result.  I must be dreaming.  

Having followed the club from the early sixties and thinking back about the highlights and the many lowlights, I just pray that the tide has turned.  I think back to the side of the early sixties - Springett, Swan, Kay, Finney, Fantham, Layne.  66 Cup Final - Springett, Megson, Quinn, Eustace, Fantham, McCalliog, Ford.  We blew it after we'd won it.  1970 Relegation under Danny Williams followed by years in the doldrums.  Jack Charlton appears and takes us to a cup semi final and the brink of Div 1.  Then Wilko returns and does the business and we're back where we belong.  But then he disappears and Big Ron steps in and we win a prize and we're back again.  Tricky Trev takes the baton and does well, does really well, we're back!  But then we spend money we don't have and after a sequence of crap managers we end up in the third tier.  What the hell !.  Eventually we return to the Championship and Milan Mandaric stabilizes the club.  And now we're on the brink.  We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back !

What a journey, I'm exhausted.  

Guest JohnFantham

What a night, what an atmosphere, what a result. I must be dreaming.

Having followed the club from the early sixties and thinking back about the highlights and the many lowlights, I just pray that the tide has turned. I think back to the side of the early sixties - Springett, Swan, Kay, Finney, Fantham, Layne. 66 Cup Final - Springett, Megson, Quinn, Eustace, Fantham, McCalliog, Ford. We blew it after we'd won it. 1970 Relegation under Danny Williams followed by years in the doldrums. Jack Charlton appears and takes us to a cup semi final and the brink of Div 1. Then Wilko returns and does the business and we're back where we belong. But then he disappears and Big Ron steps in and we win a prize and we're back again. Tricky Trev takes the baton and does well, does really well, we're back! But then we spend money we don't have and after a sequence of crap managers we end up in the third tier. What the hell !. Eventually we return to the Championship and Milan Mandaric stabilizes the club. And now we're on the brink. We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back !

What a journey, I'm exhausted. Sums it all up quite well.

Absolutely brilliant display by the team and the "lights" now that was something. Hotel booked  in London before tonight (must have felt optimistic!).

Play like that and we will be back to where were belong; in the premiership!!

Looking forward to the celebrations in London's West end on the 28th May!  WAWAW    

First time on the Kop for my youngster, and after the Family Stand he was quite shocked and learned a lot of new words.

But he loved it, and sang and bounced all night.

Brilliant atmosphere start to finish.

Loudest i have heard for a long time and we hardly ever stopped just Fantastic support so proud

to be a Wednesdayite  we certainly played our part and the team responded brilliantly

just an amazing,  never to forget night it was it was a goosebump game wasn't it and the lights !!!

stunning 

just got back i'm knackered me jaw aches me legs ache and me voice has gone all credit to everyone my mate went with me  and vowed he wouldn't get excited .that soon went out of the window what a great experience and we still haven't lost whenever iv'e been ,top night top fans and a top performance well done all and the best bit apart from winning was the stars in the stands, all the kop and south were full of twinkling stars it was a great effect

Edited by trevdi9