Sign in to follow this  
wednesdayok

what an atmosphere

Stood up on the Kop for 90 minutes just felt right. Last night will stay with me forever, loved every second of it

• Agree 2

There were points last night where I couldn't bring myself to join in with songs, just stood there, stunned, in absolute awe of what was going on, that is definitely a 'I was there' night, incredible from every single wednesdayite in the ground last night.

• Agree 3

Incredible atmosphere. Easily the best at Hillsborough I've ever seen.

From the first minute, every Wednesday fan was up for it, we were all ready to unleash the build of 15 years of sh*te and throw everything behind this great team of ours and boy, did we!

Constant wall of noise, of clapping, bouncing. The scenes were incredible, the light thing was amazing.

Imagine being a Wednesday player, playing in front of that. Inspiring.

It's a cliche the old 12th man comments, but tbh, we very much were last night. We drove our team on and they very much responded.

Great performance from fans & team last night.

Make me proud.

WAWAW

• Agree 4

There were a few points where it just felt like a complete explosion of raw emotion. One of them being when their fourth player went down injured.

The WAWAW song spread around the ground with such ferocity and pride that I genuinely felt a bit emotional.

There were a couple of other points as well where a chant felt like a tribal roar that spread to all four stands almost instantaneously. It was hard not to choke up with pride.

How anyone can want us to move away from Hillsborough baffles me. It needs improvements obviously but you won't get nights like that in some new build.

Proud, drained and still riddled with goosebumps.

I LOVE THIS CLUB.

• Agree 5

What a night, I am so proud to be a wenesdayite and part of this new era

The skie's the limit

Maybe now you understand what us "old un's" go on about ! - there's nowt better - FACT..

My first ever SWFC game was the Boxing Day Massacre. My Uncle took me. Until then I had only been to Elland Road because my Dad is a Leeds fan. As soon as I got home I said - "Sorry Dad I am now Wednesday."

It was the atmosphere.

We didn't speak for months but if the atmosphere was anything like that day, then last night I know every child who was there will now be Wednesday until they die.

Hillsborough kicking off is the most special experience you can ever have.

• Agree 1

Yeah - everyone I was with was extremely impressed. We were singing pretty much non stop but felt like we were constantly drowned out. Haha. Was a strange night for us - disappointed we didn't sell out but no one was confident at all and there was a strange sense of 'here we go again' after the first injury early doors.

Got a soft spot for Sheffield so hoping if we don't overturn the defeat on Monday that you boys go up - especially after last night.

Cheers for that. I was in the middle of the stand to your left. We could hear you a few times but mainly you were drowned out. Could see you stayed behind the team though. Watching it back now the noise from the home stands is huge compared to how it normally comes across on TV.

You've probably noticed that none of us are taking Monday for granted. This tie ain't over yet. Regardless though, last night was epic.

16 years of pent up frustration spilt out in that ground last night.

Was quite amazing.

Summed up perfectly.

That was better than Kaiserslautern, better than all the semi finals we've had, the derby games etc.

That was the best.... And the feeling is that everyone will do it allbiver and over again if we reach the Premier League.

Enjoyed it, good atmosphere on the Kop. But as good as Kaiserslautern? I didn't think it was.

Best in my 50 years of going.

• Agree 2

My lad got loads of messages from his Bolton/Wigan/Blackburn/ supporting mates..

They just simply said WAWAW...

Just woke up read a few posts and watched a couple of videos and I'm crying?? Need to man up big time. My buddha what a night.

You aren't the only one! Wow

A few things I noted last night.

1) We were singing in the CENTRE of the South Stand

2) I am worried about the North Stand collapsing from everyone bouncing

3) Using phone lights looks awesome

4) Brighton fans were singing but we just couldn't here them

Just woke up read a few posts and watched a couple of videos and I'm crying?? Need to man up big time. My buddha what a night.

This.

I feel as though i played the full 90 mins last night!!! drained n nackered but very very happy and proud 

WAWAW

• Agree 2

Enjoyed it, good atmosphere on the Kop. But as good as Kaiserslautern? I didn't think it was.

I thought it was better last night.

All the passion against Kaiserslautern was mainly before the game but died a bit later during the game when it was clear they weren't going to be intimidated and were going to knock us out. 

Last night just got better & better as it went on.

It was just amazing.

On our day we are the best.  

• Agree 2