Sign in to follow this  
wednesdayok

what an atmosphere

I thought it was better last night.

All the passion against Kaiserslautern was mainly before the game but died a bit later during the game when it was clear they weren't going to be intimidated and were going to knock us out. 

Last night just got better & better as it went on.

It was just amazing.

On our day we are the best.  

Totally agree. Absolutely amazing last night. I missed the Kaiserslautern  game as I was living overseas at the time. Possibly the best atmosphere I've witnessed since 26th December 1979!!

Spine tingling at times. Very jealous of my daughter who plays for SWFC ladies do got in the pitch before kick off and at half time, she'll never forget it

my first game wasin 1957 and believe me I haven't witnessed anything like that in all that time, it was so brilliant and the youngsters who have never seen anything of the like will cherish that feeling forever ,as we all will . whatever happens this year we are so special that this season will last in the he memories forever wawaw

• Agree 6

my first game wasin 1957 and believe me I haven't witnessed anything like that in all that time, it was so brilliant and the youngsters who have never seen anything of the like will cherish that feeling forever ,as we all will . whatever happens this year we are so special that this season will last in the he memories forever wawaw

As I mentioned earlier Trev, what a painting the lit up ground would make, HINT

awsome night today is still awsome big up to the part timers who came last night and made it so special you dragged the south stand in never seen anyone bouncing over ther before. you started the light display (it might have been north who started it but i sit on ther so couldnt see) the fans everywher took it up within seconds wawaw so please come back we miss you.

• Agree 1

Last night was just amazing. I kind of knew deep down if were to get in the play-offs, Hillsborough would be nothing but special and this was that and much more. You could have put a joint Real Madrid and Barcelona side against us last night and I don't think they'd have beaten us.

I've been going since 1994 and that was the best I'd witnessed. Kaiserslautern was before my time but I'd heard about that night and it's interesting to hear people's comparisons with it. I suppose the non-all seater will have added to the night back then.

SSN also said the reason for the delay in the disallowed goal was the ref and linesman not being able to hear each other over the crowd.

Feel so proud to have been a part of that.

Same here. One of the best atmospheres I've experienced. I don't know how it came across on the telly but when we were bouncing with the phone lights on, the hairs standing on the back of my neck had goosebumps on their goosebumps.

It came across incredibly well,

The noise, the lights.

You could tell it was a special night

Last night was brilliant

But the cup semi against Chelsea is still the best atmosphere I've ever seen at Hillsborough

Last night was brilliant

But the cup semi against Chelsea is still the best atmosphere I've ever seen at Hillsborough

Yep I said the same the fans in the stands were singing through half time etc last night was close though

Only negative was...

North Stand - Bouncing

South Stand - Bouncing

West Lower - Bouncing

Kop - trying to bounce but getting drowned out by the band playing a completely different song. Annoyed me at the time and annoyed me even more watching it back. They are so out of touch. Sad thing is, they only had to open their eyes and ears.

Only negative was...

North Stand - Bouncing

South Stand - Bouncing

West Lower - Bouncing

Kop - trying to bounce but getting drowned out by the band playing a completely different song. Annoyed me at the time and annoyed me even more watching it back. They are so out of touch. Sad thing is, they only had to open their eyes and ears.

how did we get drowned out from bouncing?

The kop was rocking all night & I can't say I heard much of the band.

• Agree 4

Enjoyed it, good atmosphere on the Kop. But as good as Kaiserslautern? I didn't think it was.

Kaiserslautern and Chelsea semi were better, louder atmospheres

Easily the best since they put the seats on the Kop.

Agree with this though

The thing is comparing to the Kaiserlautern and Chelsea games is difficult. Just imagine what the atmosphere would have been like last night with a fully covered standing kop of 22,000 which it was for those matches. So comparison is difficult because of this but all I can say is our ground is one of the best in the country for noise levels when it really gets going.

I sit on the Kop and couldn't hear the band cos WE were so loud.

We dictated the atmosphere last night. We pulled out our full repertoire of songs! 

It was truly the most emotional and happy I've ever been at football, maybe ever full stop.

Best atmosphere I've been in. Better than Wycombe. Thought we had more inflatables last night too cos I can't remember having to dodge so many times.

TV, youtube videos, what I'm saying...nothing will do it justice.

It was awesome. There were literally moments, especially the lights and the bouncing, where I felt unable to join in cos I was in awe.

Really hope the lads can see us through to the final & the new Wembley will rock like it never has done.

• Agree 2

Yep I said the same the fans in the stands were singing through half time etc last night was close though

Well I've been going since around 1967 and I would say last night blew away anything I have ever seen or heard before , the young uns today may not have seen the teams we have but they have just witnessed the best ever atmosphere

In my opinion

Kaiserslautern and Chelsea semi were better, louder atmospheres

Having been to both I disagree. Kaiseralsughtern was a lot of anger at the way we'd got beat over there and Hirsty getting sent off. Cheslea was good - knowing you're going to Wembley but we knew we had a great chance after the 1st leg.

Last night we simply roared our team to victory from the 1st minute. Genuinley believe we were the 12th man - and scared Brighton.

• Agree 1

Would have been good if they had stopped the pre match music blaring out about fifteen minutes before kick off and let the atmosphere build up.

• Agree 2