what an atmosphere

The thing is comparing to the Kaiserlautern and Chelsea games is difficult. Just imagine what the atmosphere would have been like last night with a fully covered standing kop of 22,000 which it was for those matches. So comparison is difficult because of this but all I can say is our ground is one of the best in the country for noise levels when it really gets going.

I think if you check back you will find the kop capacity was hugely reduced for that match due to some Euro ruling

Does anyone know what the crowd was that night ?

Think people may be surprised

If anyone disagrees watch the highlights again. You can clearly see and hear the other 3 stands bouncing. All you can hear from the Kop is the band playing a different song and the fans joining in. Up at the back we noticed the bouncing and many tried to join in. 3 sides bouncing, kop singing a different song.

Sorry but that is rubbish, I recall the kop just starting to sing a different song at the same time as the other end of the stands started bouncing

It was just bad luck that the kop belted out the song regardless of what else was happening

Thats around what I thought , I think a lot around my age can't accept that not everything was better "in our day"

The atmosphere was better in the 80s when we played Man U and Liverpool with 48/49K there

Last night was great but it can never compare to a proper terrace atmosphere of the old days.

Not for me anyway.

I sit in the North Stand, and I honestly thought, the band had left their trumpets at home last night.

Didn't hear them at all. Heard the drum, which is fine, but no parp parp parping.

It's only since I've listened/watched a few video's today, that I've heard the trumpets.

I thought the Kop looked immense last night, and there was one part where they were bouncing, and it looked phenomenal. 

If anyone disagrees watch the highlights again. You can clearly see and hear the other 3 stands bouncing. All you can hear from the Kop is the band playing a different song and the fans joining in. Up at the back we noticed the bouncing and many tried to join in. 3 sides bouncing, kop singing a different song.

Whatever!!!!!!

Would have been good if they had stopped the pre match music blaring out about fifteen minutes before kick off and let the atmosphere build up.

Absolutely.

Said this as it was happening.

Sometimes it's like a bad DJ at a c**p wedding, never know when to shut the f**k up!

They seem to get it right some of the time, but it's as if they can't help themselves. Clearly the atmosphere was building and they just drowned it out.

After we had beaten Arsenal in the Cup earlier this season, journalist Patrick Barclay wrote in the Evening Standard:

"When Hillsborough's rafters ring, football seems a better place".

That is how I feel about last night. We are indeed on our way back!

Edited by DevOwls Advocate

I sit in the North Stand, and I honestly thought, the band had left their trumpets at home last night.

Didn't hear them at all. Heard the drum, which is fine, but no parp parp parping.

It's only since I've listened/watched a few video's today, that I've heard the trumpets.

I thought the Kop looked immense last night, and there was one part where they were bouncing, and it looked phenomenal.

This is miffed.

All he does is moan about the band.

lol

The atmosphere was better in the 80s when we played Man U and Liverpool with 48/49K there

Last night was great but it can never compare to a proper terrace atmosphere of the old days.

Not for me anyway.

I never missed a match from the mid 60s to present day and have to say for sheer sustained, continuous passion, last night was the best i can remember, ever.

In the old days, the Kop would be at it, but apart form the odd 'roar' from the rest of the ground, it was just the Kop.

It was more tribal, but much more 'localised' re where the main support came from.

I thought last night was just amazing, everyone played their part, everyone was at it, and it was all just finished off by the wonderful, spontaneous light show.

Sometimes, things just happen, things just come together all at once. You can't create it, you can't replicate it it just happens and last night will be one of those nights that we talk about for years to come.

It was just so amazing.  

A big, big thank you and well done to everyone who was there.  Brilliant. 

notice the difference how a team responds to a great atmosphere,derby fans booed everytime the team made a mistake the heads went down and hull trashed em 3-0

Exactly what CC has said for the past two games. Proving, once again, that he's never wrong lol

Applaud & encourage when mistakes happen. They're only human & they need our support.

I've always said you should save your slagging off for the way home & on forums like this.

Criticism directed towards the players at games is counter productive.

Need to carry this level of support, encouragement and constant singing for another 90 minutes.

Then, hopefully, we can rest our tired voices before Wembley. Hopefully!

Guest trusty_left_peg

Anyone still a little high from that atmosphere?

Absolutely insane. Will be hard to even put into words in work tomorrow.

It was pure class. Sat in the middle of the South as ever and gave it full voice (amazingly there were quite a few others too!) I felt proper drained on Saturday. If, if we can make it to the top flight, then plenty of similar days and nights ahead.

Only negative was...

North Stand - Bouncing

South Stand - Bouncing

West Lower - Bouncing

Kop - trying to bounce but getting drowned out by the band playing a completely different song. Annoyed me at the time and annoyed me even more watching it back. They are so out of touch. Sad thing is, they only had to open their eyes and ears.

I was in the North, towards the Kop, and I can honestly say I didn't even realise the band were there until I watched the game back- they definitely weren't required.