2 signings today

Nixon really does seem to have a dislike for us doesn't he? So much sarcasm in his tweets.

I reckon he's a Rotherham fan, and still hasn't got over those 2 injury time goals.

He comes across as someone who is getting irritated at being constantly badgered for info by Wednesday fans as if he is a representative of the club tbh...

If we are actually buying players from abroad. Spending between 500k and 1m for example you are probably getting double value. So players that if we're English would be worth say 1-2m.

People highlight previous foreign imports as largely being average or poor but how many of those have we paid decent money for!? Nuhiu free, Esajas free, Pecnik free etc... The list goes on. If they weren't free I can't imagine any significant fees.

If we are actually buying players from abroad. Spending between 500k and 1m for example you are probably getting double value. So players that if we're English would be worth say 1-2m.

People highlight previous foreign imports as largely being average or poor but how many of those have we paid decent money for!? Nuhiu free, Esajas free, Pecnik free etc... The list goes on. If they weren't free I can't imagine any significant fees.

You are right.

These rumoured signings might be disappointing to some, but they are on paper a step up from our recent foreign imports.

Klich for example seems a far higher standard than a Pecnik, or Esajas. Although that isn't happening apparently it shouldn't be a signing people turn their noses up at. 

Guest wilyfox

Where are they? I can't keep getting told off for using my phone

Pay attention in class, and stay in school. Say no to drugs!

Edited by wilyfox

When was the last time we paid any money at all for anyone?

May?

All the rest are signed under the epitaph "undisclosed"

(I'm open to being corrected on that)

I can't see why the need for questioning where we are at the moment in relation to the coming season. We have the basis of a squad that is in need of at least one of each Centre Mid, Winger and a Striker with the most desperate need IMO being the winger. The squad is being recruited and if some of these are mere Journeymen then that has been the case for many a year. They will at a push fill in at least.

Still a fair way off Premier sides registering their 25 man squads so quality to be had further down the road. Then there is the January window.

Who, outside the Premiership is showing their hand at the moment ? If we were to for e.g. put in a bid for a wide player and get him signed what difference would it make ? Questions whether said player was going to live up to the fee...

All a bit pointless really, wait uncritically until our new players have a few matches under their belts, this will dictate where and how far we go come the January window.