2 signings today

Then the chairman of the club petrescu joined instead more or less confirmed it.

I'm sure some of the things he says are wide of the mark but he called that correctly. i don't instantly believe nor write off anything he says really.

I am not sure that confirms that it was correct. It alludes to it but certainly conjecture rather than fact.

On a slightly more important point, is Penguin still alive or not?

Then the chairman of the club petrescu joined instead more or less confirmed it.

I'm sure some of the things he says are wide of the mark but he called that correctly. i don't instantly believe nor write off anything he says really.

Didn't see that, but no need to prove it or anything. Happy to take your word.

I am not sure that confirms that it was correct. It alludes to it but certainly conjecture rather than fact.

On a slightly more important point, is Penguin still alive or not?

It's close enough, you're never going to get facts really are you on things like that.

I think some are just refusing to acknowledge that Nixon may actually get some things right, even if he does get things wrong too.

It's close enough, you're never going to get facts really are you on things like that.

I think some are just refusing to acknowledge that Nixon may actually get some things right, even if he does get things wrong too.

I can agree to that.  Clearly Alan doesn't have a great source inside Hillsborough in my opinion though because he does seem to be behind on the foreign signings.  Perhaps his source is an agent rather than a club official?

I definatley think its agent based, with very strong links to forest and Bolton in particular.

I think people give him names and then he either asks his contacts and gives a genuine answer or pretends he knows when he doesn't. He got a bit of a grilling on Twitter yesterday and he's tied himself in a few knots over the last couple of weeks, didn't seem aware that lachman had signed at first, was mocking our lack of manager (despite previously saying cc had the job) and didn't seem overly impressed with klich and celik despite one being a full international.

He'd be better off just admitting when he isn't sure rather than pretending he knows everything

Guest totemowl

It was in the Romainian press first.

Knew we'd be signing more Portugese, we are loving them right now lol

Anyone know much about Mervan Celik? Sounds like a Carvalho reccomendation with him having managed in Turkey.

According to the Besiktas fan I was talking to tonight, Carvalho is,"so, so as a manager, but a crazy man", and Celik is not the best winger in the Turkish top flight, but more than good enough for "the English second league". That's about it.

According to the Besiktas fan I was talking to tonight, Carvalho is,"so, so as a manager, but a crazy man", and Celik is not the best winger in the Turkish top flight, but more than good enough for "the English second league". That's about it.

I'd be surprised if a championship club would ever sign the best winger in Turkish football, or any European league for that matter

Also I have a friend who's a Sporting fan and she says Carvalhal is a good coach, so each to his/own

Edited by Southie_Owl

Nixon clearly has a decent source who can tell him who we spoke to over managers as he called Carvalhal well before anyone else I think?

What he doesnt seem to know is details of what we wanted to talk to Carvalhal on as he was assuming it was straight manager job and dismissed Cooper link at first iirc.

On transfers, I think he'd know if we were looking at a Marshall or Rhodes type, but doesn't have any link to the low profile foreign signings. So assuming that's the way we're going he may not be too much help on signings now?

Nixon clearly has a decent source who can tell him who we spoke to over managers as he called Carvalhal well before anyone else I think?

What he doesnt seem to know is details of what we wanted to talk to Carvalhal on as he was assuming it was straight manager job and dismissed Cooper link at first iirc.

On transfers, I think he'd know if we were looking at a Marshall or Rhodes type, but doesn't have any link to the low profile foreign signings. So assuming that's the way we're going he may not be too much help on signings now?

On the last point yeah I think you're right. But he won't admit it lol

Celik at least has some experience of British football from his brief spell at Rangers - albeit his main claim to fame there was being first player out the door when they went into administration