2 signings today

Nixon thinks they are coming:

@reluctantnicko: @Killamarshtrek Just looked at their CVs. Baffling. Understand they are coming though. Domestic market obviously too dear ...

Another dig by Nixon. What's baffling exactly?? We aren't going to be throwing money around. Think we all knew that.

@reluctantnicko: @Killamarshtrek Just looked at their CVs. Baffling. Understand they are coming though. Domestic market obviously too dear ...

OK, whether or not you believe this guy, has something changed. A couple of weeks ago, he was saying that we would be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the signings we had lined up. Now he's "baffled", has our original target list been scrapped, or have we just been priced out of the market. It seems odd that we can go from chasing players who's value we underestimated, to freebies from the European lower leagues.

OK, whether or not you believe this guy, has something changed. A couple of weeks ago, he was saying that we would be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the signings we had lined up. Now he's "baffled", has our original target list been scrapped, or have we just been priced out of the market. It seems odd that we can go from chasing players who's value we underestimated, to freebies from the European lower leagues.

Or he's a complete tailface?

He's all over the place. No consistency and logic with his Tweets. A bizarre man.

Still from Australia.

And seeing as we were talking about players "from abroad" and from European transfer markets, not by nationality, that makes literally NO difference to the original point.

So, well done?

Edited by sheffield_dave

Or he's a complete tailface?

He's all over the place. No consistency and logic with his Tweets. A bizarre man.

Yes, I don't say I believe or disbelieve. Evidence would suggest though, that despite our owners rhetoric, we were always going to be shopping at Aldi. Edited by gurujuan

And seeing as we were talking about players "from abroad" and from European transfer markets, not by nationality, that makes literally NO difference to the original point.

So, well done?

He counts as a home grown player anyway according to the Prem's rules.

Nixon finds the signing of a full international baffling? It's not that difficult to understand. He refuses to be anything other than negative

Using Watford as an example is easy.

They got players through their connections and a number of their players knew each other and played with each other before. It still took them 3 years to get out of the division.

But if you are good enough you are good enough and should be able to perform at this level. Doesn't matter if you are based in the domestic leagues or abroad.

My concern is that we are signing cheap players from abroad. You still have to pay good money for good quality in the foreign markets. If that wasn't the case every team in this division would be full of foreign players.

If Watford weren't in dual ownership they'd have needed to fork out millions for the likes of vydra and abdi

Something does seem to have changed, imo we are trying to do things cheaper now. Do the players we have been closely linked with say Prem by 2017? they dont to me.

Something does seem to have changed, imo we are trying to do things cheaper now. Do the players we have been closely linked with say Prem by 2017? they dont to me.

Nor me. 

Pretty obvious why SG left/was sacked now, I think.

Honestly couldn't say, I'd never heard of any of them before we were linked with them, no idea how they play or how they'll fit into our team.

How have they changed? No one knows enough about anything to form an opinion. I could go on twitter and start rumours that we were en advanced talks with Jordan Rhodes and it would soon be gospel.

The problem with the internet is that for some reason football fans tend to believe everything they read whether it be a completely poor piece of journalism linking us to Jordan Rhodes or an account constantly making up links to foreign players no one has heard of.

They get their hopes up for no reason then are disappointed because their raised expectations are not met despite the fact they are only raised due to something with no substance anyway!