2 signings today

Why do people keep banging on about "English" Football players?  Two of our best players over the past 15 years where Irish (Whelan) and Northern Irish (Brunt).  Even our legendary captain Bullen wasn't English.

There is more to the world than England, and when it comes to football the English are severely lagging behind the rest of Europe. 

Where did they play their football though? 

You pay for quality- if you really want to sign the best European talent it's going to cost you just like it costs us to sign quality players in this league.

Going for cheap foreign gambles it's hardly the answer to all our problems

Guest Ellis Rimmer

:laugh:

Calm down sausage I'm a season ticket holder.

I'm just saying he's not the be all and end all. Yes he was quality but he's not exactly irreplaceable, by any means.

He's not irreplaceable but I reckon he's the best chance of making a quality signing that we have.

Why do people keep banging on about "English" Football players?  Two of our best players over the past 15 years where Irish (Whelan) and Northern Irish (Brunt).  Even our legendary captain Bullen wasn't English.

There is more to the world than England, and when it comes to football the English are severely lagging behind the rest of Europe. 

Careful, Britains First will be making a meme about you on facebook

So cheap gambles on unknown foreign players will definitely 100 per cent work and get Sheffield Wednesday promoted because England are poo at international level.

Got ya.

English players just arent very good in general, compared to the rest of Euroupe.

Guest TommyTank

Put your handbags away you bunch of fannies.

Id quite like a few of our signings to have experience in English football, I dont give a f'k what nationality they are.

The English game is very diiferent to the European game and not every player can adjust, so too many gambles might backfire.

The likes of Marshall and McGugan would be perfect with a few unknowns chucked in, some will work some won't, we need a blend.

Joe Mattock was highly rated when we signed him, we had competition from Brighton I believe, Brighton at that time had a strong squad.

I personally think the Mattock signing didnt work and wasn't successful, so you see its not just players from overseas who have problems settling at some clubs.

You pay for quality- if you really want to sign the best European talent it's going to cost you just like it costs us to sign quality players in this league.

Dont go to the games then if you dont agree with the signings.

Simple!

Someone best contact Man Utd, Memphis Depay is clearly going to be a shambles because he has never played in the English League before!! Ridiculous.

The Italian U21 Team would be considered to be cheap compared to the England U21 Team (Kane valued at £30m), but hey the English players are better because they play in the English league. I really wish people would wake up and realise that actually we're no where near as good as people think we are.

Gary Neville got it right when he said that our league is a great brand, but isn't a strong league.  As evidenced by our teams' woeful performances in European competitions and England's pathetic attempts at the World Cup and Euros.

HELLO - Is it just me that see's that the English are drowning in this mythical arrogance that the English League is the best in the world!?

Edited by devonshire_owl

Guest Ellis Rimmer

English players just arent very good in general, compared to the rest of Euroupe.

What is that based on?

Someone best contact Man Utd, Memphis Depay is clearly going to be a shambles because he has never played in the English League before!! 

Ridiculous. The Italian U21 Team would be considered to be cheap compared to the England U21 Team (Kane valued at £30m), but hey the English players are better because they play in the English league. I really wish people would wake up and realise that actually we're no where near as good as people think we are.

Gary Neville got it right when he said that our league is a great brand, but isn't a strong league.  As evidenced by our teams' woeful performances in European competitions and England's pathetic attempts at the World Cup and Euros.

HELLO - Is it just me that see's that English are drowning in this mythical arrogance that the English League is the best in the world!?

im with ya!

miles miles behind other countries.

Someone best contact Man Utd, Memphis Depay is clearly going to be a shambles because he has never played in the English League before!! Ridiculous.

The Italian U21 Team would be considered to be cheap compared to the England U21 Team (Kane valued at £30m), but hey the English players are better because they play in the English league. I really wish people would wake up and realise that actually we're no where near as good as people think we are.

HELLO - Is it just me that see's that the English are drowning in this mythical arrogance that the English League is the best in the world!?

Absolutley bang on that , great post

Guest Ellis Rimmer

It's my opinion. Do you disagree ?  

If you made a European squad (22 players) I wouldnt have a single English player in it. would you ?

How does that affect Wednesday?

Course I disagree, we've got the strongest league structure in Europe. If you got down to the 5th tier in other coutries they'd all be amateur.

Clearly missing my point which I can't be arsed to explain.

God knows why you're banging on about the England national side and a point which is painfully obvious and doesn't need explaining again. 

The scatter Gun approach is quite interesting ...Short term contracts, reasonable wages for players who have the ability to step up a level. If not they can be replaced, if they succeed we have an asset. All this when decent players at Championship level are hunted down by the Premiership, bought at inflated prices and invariably end up as loanees back into the Championship subject to recall.

Also, this strategy helps to bid down somewhat the over inflated prices and wages of players we all moan about. So it's a yes from me to the Scatter Gun approach. European and other continentals buy em cheap and stack em high !