Stevie May

Based on the fact that he actually gets in good positions unlike our other strikers, better players around him should hopefully mean a better May on show.

I agree. I reckon he's one of them players that when he starts scoring, he'll be difficult to stop. He's on a long term contract with us, young and didn't do dreadfully last season in his first year in a difficult league. A better pitch, better attacking players around him and with us supporting him (not jumping on his back every two minutes like on here) he'll be a terrific player for us.

Based on the fact that he actually gets in good positions unlike our other strikers, better players around him should hopefully mean a better May on show.

You have just stated another one of the May myths. I rear ell say May in a good position. He was never "on the spot" to receive the ball never mind convert a chance.

I suppose someone will now mention May's "world class" movement and runs that all of our other players were "too crap to spot".

May has no strategy as a forward; he neither plays off the shoulder of the centre-forward nor sit on the last man nor drop deep. He doesn't work the channel nor run the line. 90% of the time, he looks like "little boy lost". Physically he is lightweight; he also lacks pace, strength, anticpation and aggression.

He may possibly be homesick and not enjoying himself but SWFC pay him well for him to provide the service of goalscoring. If he's not up for that (in state of mind, talent or physicality) then he should be moved on. SWFC should no longer be a refuge for rubbish and/or crocked footballers.

Same requirement to score applies to all of the forwards currently on our books.

Sheffield Wednesday vs Reading - Championship 201…:

Wickham, Fryatt & Antonio. Virtually unplayable on this day.

For all Nuhiu's effort, he's nowhere near as good as those 3.

He's not, yet still our best forward last season.... and top scorer

Absolutely. So relating back to the point of the thread, you think Stevie May should go. Nowt to do with Nuhiu.

It wouldn't bother me which one went out of the two, May or Nuihu or if they stayed as long as we had a decent striker to play up front. Neither can be classed as that. Think May may go as he still has a reputation in Scotland. Think we're stuck with Nuihu. But only for another 12 months.

I agree. I reckon he's one of them players that when he starts scoring, he'll be difficult to stop. He's on a long term contract with us, young and didn't do dreadfully last season in his first year in a difficult league. A better pitch, better attacking players around him and with us supporting him (not jumping on his back every two minutes like on here) he'll be a terrific player for us.

In fairness he hasn't copped as much flak as last season's top scorer. It's the OTT criticism of Nuhiu that irks some people.

Your opinion shandy. Doesn't make it true.

Don't know why it annoys you so much that someone can have a different opinion.

The words "Kettle", "Pot" and "Black" spring to mind ISHSB mate. The vast majority on here is opinion, speculation and interpretation. Rarely does OwlsTalk deal in fact. One thing we do know is that St Stevie hasn't had a good season - that is based on fact. One thing that we don't know is what St Stevie will be like next season - we can only make a judgement on what we already know, and given the fact he had a poor season, appears to lack the attributes for the Championship and showed absolutely no improvement over the time he's been here my judgement is that he'll have another poor season.

Also, I can't be that annoyed with opposite opinion to mine; if I was, I'd "neg" people for expressing their opposing opinion. The St Stevie lovers enjoy negging - I Wonder which lot are actually getting annoyed.

The words "Kettle", "Pot" and "Black" spring to mind ISHSB mate. The vast majority on here is opinion, speculation and interpretation. Rarely does OwlsTalk deal in fact. One thing we do know is that St Stevie hasn't had a good season - that is based on fact. One thing that we don't know is what St Stevie will be like next season - we can only make a judgement on what we already know, and given the fact he had a poor season, appears to lack the attributes for the Championship and showed absolutely no improvement over the time he's been here my judgement is that he'll have another poor season.

Also, I can't be that annoyed with opposite opinion to mine; if I was, I'd "neg" people for expressing their opposing opinion. The St Stevie lovers enjoy negging - I Wonder which lot are actually getting annoyed.

I'd much prefer to judge stevie on the back of a full pre season, an improvement in service and him being given the chance to build his confidence

It's also possible an attack minded coach as in MC might eke the best out of him and bring him on

But, whether he gets that opportunity is a different matter

In fairness he hasn't copped as much flak as last season's top scorer. It's the OTT criticism of Nuhiu that irks some people.

You're right but what irks me are the excuses made for May. It's never his fault or inadequacy; it's always something or someone else that is wrong. What further irks me is that when May is criticised then the pro-May lot always make a direct comparison between May and Nuhiu - why? They're two different types of player but equally as poor IMHO (well I would argue that Nuhiu is slightly less poor than May but still not good enough nonetheless).

Edited by shandypants

Back In the Jock papers today about Rangers wanting him, in the Sunday Post, Scotsman and another waste of trees paper i can remember, probably just a lazy rehash of the other weeks rumours..

Unfortunately, making way for Salazar Mendes from KZ Firestarters.

If Stevie May is as bad as some on here think how did he gain great plaudits from full Scotland management team at the same time as keeping Rhodes out of the squad??

I find it odd how Rhodes firepower guarantees promotion (yet he's not got Blackburn promoted) and how our player who offers more to the team in his running and chasing lost causes (I assume as an instruction from a defensively minded coach) is a waste of space?

Maybe some know more than the Scottish set up, in that case id applaud you to apply for our coaching job or any other as they tend to pay big bucks....

I think may will score goals, as will Bus and Laverly given the chance and in a team that attacks - big Dave is a good foil to disrupt the opposition and adds a different option into the mix.

Edited by Philb125

If Stevie May is as bad as some on here think how did he gain great plaudits from full Scotland management team at the same time as keeping Rhodes out of the squad??

I find it odd how Rhodes firepower guarantees promotion (yet he's not got Blackburn promoted) and how our player who offers more to the team in his running and chasing lost causes (I assume as an instruction from a defensively minded coach) is a waste of space?

Maybe some know more than the Scottish set up, in that case id applaud you to apply for our coaching job or any other as they tend to pay big bucks....

I think may will score goals, as will Bus and Laverly given the chance and in a team that attacks - big Dave is a good foil to disrupt the opposition and adds a different option into the mix.

That same management that never gave him a game, even against Gibraltar, and who subsequently omitted him from the following squad.