Stevie May

Thought when we got May the publicity and Owlstalk was embarrassing. Like we had signed Pele rather then a young Scottish forward very few had heard of two weeks before.

Not worst ever Wednesday player I have ever seen but seen very little that would worry me if I was a Championship defender.

Another player who likes to pose about thinking he is the bees knees with stupid hair, tattoos and coloured boots without having the performances to back it up.

Yes I take peoples point that too early to give up totally on him and with a full pre season might make an impact next season but not holding my breath.

Ah, you see. I was right about the hair

Nuhiu scored 5 goals since the turn of the year. May 2. May had a decent amount of starts before his form dictated that he went on the bench towards the end. Not saying that he should be written off but his value to the team last season was less than Nuhiu's.

From the point May was undeservedly dropped after the Bolton home game, Nuhiu scored 4 goals despite starting most games. Barring his excellent performance at home to Boro, Nuhiu was dreadful. It's not just about how many goals he managed to poke home. He hampered the team in many games.

It's yet another bullshit myth that May was poor in the second half of the season. He barely played, mainly because Gray had no option but to start Will Keane in every flipping game he was available.

I think you'll find our performances were better and we accumulated more points in the first half of the season with May and Nuhiu upfront together, than the 2nd half of the season which was mainly Nuhiu/Keane.

From the point May was undeservedly dropped after the Bolton home game, Nuhiu scored 4 goals despite starting most games. Barring his excellent performance at home to Boro, Nuhiu was dreadful. It's not just about how many goals he managed to poke home. He hampered the team in many games.

It's yet another bullshit myth that May was poor in the second half of the season. He barely played, mainly because Gray had no option but to start Will Keane in every flipping game he was available.

I think you'll find our performances were better and we accumulated more points in the first half of the season with May and Nuhiu upfront together, than the 2nd half of the season which was mainly Nuhiu/Keane.

Actually, the final sentence rings true, in fact, in those early games, we looked a good side

Goal at Birmingham, boro away and I can think of a couple of finishes at hillsborough like that header and the calm side foot in down at leppings lane end. He's got something there I'm sure. I hope with cooper bringing his attacking philosophy he can bring more chances for May and that will of course bring his confidence back.

Nope, the crooks have gone, Rangers men running the club again, far from skint, but being careful not to get in the same mess again. McCoist is still robbing the club though on gardening leave, so called club legend.

Agree on McCoist leaching but I wouldn't say you are being too careful! £8k a week for Danny Wilson? :laugh: Who authorised that?

Edited by edinburghowl

There's no doubt that Nuhiu did not have a good second half to the season but to say that May contributed more despite only 3 starts is just plain wrong. Nuhiu scored 5 since the start of the new year. May 2. Despite his faults Nuhiu was more important to the team play last season than May too IMO.

I think that Gray may have been protecting May latterly to some extent and rightly so as he was looking like a lost boy and IMO needed to be re-iintroduced via cameos off the bench. Nuhiu too had been dropped but forced his way back in.

For the record I believe that both may have something to offer next season but that they need to clearly demonstrate in pre-season that they have progressed from l;ast season's standard's especially May IMO.

Edited by Dagmeister

There's no doubt that Nuhiu did not have a good second half to the season but to say that May contributed more despite only 3 starts is just plain wrong. Nuhiu scored 5 since the start of the new year. May 2. Despite his faults Nuhiu was more important to the team play last season than May too IMO.

I think that Gray may have been protecting May latterly to some extent and rightly so as he was looking like a lost boy and IMO needed to be re-iintroduced via cameos off the bench. Nuhiu too had been dropped but forced his way back in.

For the record I believe that both may have something to offer next season but that they need to clearly demonstrate in pre-season that they have progressed from l;ast season's standard's especially May IMO.

I disagree completely about May looking like a lost little boy. I really don't think that was the reason Gray dropped him. It's common for loan signings like Keane, to include an agreement that means they start. Keane/May is obviously lacking physical presence and Gray probably felt Keane/Nuhiu was a better option.

I said at the time and maintained ever since, Keane was a pointless loan signing that disrupted the team. It's no coincidence that the teams form was better with May/Nuhiu up top, and individually they looked better alongside each other.

I disagree completely about May looking like a lost little boy. I really don't think that was the reason Gray dropped him. It's common for loan signings like Keane, to include an agreement that means they start. Keane/May is obviously lacking physical presence and Gray probably felt Keane/Nuhiu was a better option.

I said at the time and maintained ever since, Keane was a pointless loan signing that disrupted the team. It's no coincidence that the teams form was better with May/Nuhiu up top, and individually they looked better alongside each other.

Inclined to agree about Keane notwithstanding that he might well go on to become a very good player in the future. He has the skills required but probably not the right fit for us last season.

Disagree about May's form last season but let's leave it there rather than engage in a circular argument.

Edited by Dagmeister

Despite his faults Nuhiu was more important to the team play last season than May too IMO.

And that's why SG couldn't take us forward.

In the right system I can't help but feel that May would outscore Nuhiu.

Him leaving, loan or otherwise is a hard one. If our destination is the premier league, would he ever cut it? if not, then how soon do you start planning for that inevitable exit?

And that's why SG couldn't take us forward.

In the right system I can't help but feel that May would outscore Nuhiu.

Him leaving, loan or otherwise is a hard one. If our destination is the premier league, would he ever cut it? if not, then how soon do you start planning for that inevitable exit?

1) I think that Gray would have taken us forward with the bigger budget that we are all assuming will be afforded the new man/men.

2) Quite possibly; he was brought in as a goal scorer/poacher. Him and Nuhiu showed promising signs as a pairing in the early days. It unfortunately went downhill from there.

3) See how he shapes up in pre-season.

nuhiu had a season before last to adapt to our game,  may has had only one in total , he came in and started well and scored goals , after that initial start something happen'd to upset his play and starts whatever it was , ie Kean coming in or something else seems to have altered his mindset ,and to me the problem lies there ,sorry to the doubters but i think he could still be an asset to us in the future,he can score goals , he knows where the net is they are the same size in scotland as they are down here , yes it was a big step up admittedly but his first showings proved he could cut it at this level , my thoughts are unless he himself wishes to go i would suggest keep him and try and find the answer to his loss of form ,don't forget nuhiu isn't many goals in front of may even though nuhiu has adapted as such

Edited by trevdi9

1) I think that Gray would have taken us forward with the bigger budget that we are all assuming will be afforded the new man/men.

I don't think there is any doubt that he could have taken us forward with a bigger budget. It's more about whether he could have ever got us promoted.

If you doubt he could, then why waste the time. Especially when you've set a deadline of doing it in 2 season.

I don't think there is any doubt that he could have taken us forward with a bigger budget. It's more about whether he could have ever got us promoted.

If you doubt he could, then why waste the time. Especially when you've set a deadline of doing it in 2 season.

Yes I can see that perspective but if his replacement is indeed Cooper I'd then have to ask why he might be considered a better bet for achieving that aim than Gray.

Honour/loyalty has little part to play in our modern game so I guess I'm out of touch with current times in thinking that Gray deserved a crack given what he's done, and with what resources, during his stewardship.

Edited by Dagmeister

A striker with no pace at this level is NO GOOD goodbye waste of money keep Mc Guire FFS

Jordan Rhodes isn't exactly blessed with pace , is he no good at this level ?

Jordan Rhodes isn't exactly blessed with pace , is he no good at this level ?

Sergiu Bus is more like Jordan Rhodes.  He puts himself about, niggles defenders, uses his weight. 

As a defender i'd rather play against Stevie May than Sergiu Bus.  I think Bus could bethe one to watch.