Stevie May

"He is desperate to make a big name for himself south of the border and has recently stated he’s very keen to get going in pre-season training."

Sounds like its just interest fromvRangers, nothing more. Don't think he will be going, but if so hopefully it will be a loan spell..

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2015/06/22/rangers-eye-sheffield-wednesday-striker-stevie-may/

Edited by notts0wl

I know playing for St Johnstone wasn't at the same level but things like how he strikes a ball, accuracy of shot, positioning and opportunism were evident in the videos I saw.

Those things don't change with the level you play at it is just the opposition may stop you getting the chance. 

We need better quality in all positions bar keeper (if Westwood stays) and Lees.

There will be casualties.

New Head Coach is going to have a right job to do moulding a whole new set of players together though.

Good luck new Head Coach

Think the lack of appeal of us as a club may be down to the current set up. What head coach would want to have the set of players thrown together for them with no say in recruitment.

Think the lack of appeal of us as a club may be down to the current set up. What head coach would want to have the set of players thrown together for them with no say in recruitment.

Well they need to get with the times. No successful business is run by one person as per the historic football model.  

Keep May. Will be our 20 goal man next season.

At last some good news with the money we save up Chris mc guires so he can stay, anyone who thinks May is going to make it needs to get to Specsavers he's slow can't shoot and spends all his time on the deck.

Have to reluctantly agree. Although May is young he physically doesn't seem able to cut it. More worrying is the fact that, caveating his relative youth, his positioning and technique don't appear to be particularly a strong point either.

That said, with a pre season behind him and a few goals early doors he may have the confidence to push himself further. If it were me, I would have to consider the financial package rangers were looking at. 700k fee agreed if he does well and potentially a fee paying loan, pretty attractive by all accounts.

May's off the ball movement is good, but his pace is slightly lacking.

A change of playing style would suit him. Playing with a lot more possession and higher up the pitch would mean he could get into the box a lot more.

I hope he stays to be honest.

Contributed more than Nuhiu in 2nd half of season, despite starting about 3 games.

Nuhiu scored 5 goals since the turn of the year. May 2. May had a decent amount of starts before his form dictated that he went on the bench towards the end. Not saying that he should be written off but his value to the team last season was less than Nuhiu's.

Edited by Dagmeister

Thought when we got May the publicity and Owlstalk was embarrassing. Like we had signed Pele rather then a young Scottish forward very few had heard of two weeks before.

Not worst ever Wednesday player I have ever seen but seen very little that would worry me if I was a Championship defender.

Another player who likes to pose about thinking he is the bees knees with stupid hair, tattoos and coloured boots without having the performances to back it up.

Yes I take peoples point that too early to give up totally on him and with a full pre season might make an impact next season but not holding my breath.