Pearson & Roeder

Roeder seems like a right oddball on the YouTube video

he reminds me of myself when trying to speak in a foreign language.

Maybe he speaks thai usually these days  :biggrin:

Anyone got a link to the interviews? Bit late to the party and skimmed this thread on my phone so probably missed em. Packet of biscuits of your choice to whoever provides.

Typical Owlstalk...

Resisting change and fearful of doing things differently.

Some people really still don't get it do they?

Because on Champ Manager (or whatever its called these days) its just one player sat behind a keyboard and mouse, in control of everything.

This is the tried and tested method of getting Wednesday promoted to the Premier League and winning the treble year on year.

So this crazy method that Wednesday have dreamed up is never going to work.

Dejphon still not feeling confident enough to speak English in these press conferences, but generally seems to have an excellent grasp of understanding everything that's being said to him. Always looks like he's trying not to smile either when being asked questions. Don't worry mate, we know you're having a blast  lol

And is it me, or does Roeder have scary eyes??

When Milan sold, he said that DC was serious and would tackle the situation in a financially aggressive way. Today's appointments back that to the hilt and are a real statement of intent. Really looking forward to the summer.

Sure it's been asked, but I really don't see where PA fits into all this. From the outside looking in, my impression is that Aldridge has done an outstanding job. Pearson seems to be the one who will negotiate both transfers and wages, which I understood to be Aldridge's job, amongst others.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if PA left in the summer, 'by mutual consent' and ended up wherever Milan ends up.

Time will tell on these appointments, and the structure of the club going forward. Gut feeling is that too many cooks spoil the broth, but top European clubs work in this way, so this system must have loads of positives.

That said, and whichever way you look at it, we've been out of the Premier League for the last 16 seasons, so whatever we've done in the last 16 season hasn't worked. A definition of madness is doing exactly the same thing, over and over again, and expecting different results.

I agree Vulva. It's different but quite common in Germany and Portugal. I really like Pearson, looks like an intelligent man. Roeder will basically have the role of chief scout. I definitely see the news today as a massive positive step. And more importantly Gray seems to have been given the nod for next season.

havent read this thread 18 pages looks daunting 

my immediate view on this committee is they generally don't work in business imo someone has to take the lead 

The role seems to upset and unsettle egotistical managers  and the likes of GM would probably walk   except in this situation SG doesnt seem to me to like or aspire to the limelight  so who knows this could work