Pearson & Roeder

Fair enough, but like I said he ain't the 'boss' with all the air miles he'll be collecting our players will probably never see him!

Think it's more the arrogance and 'personality' issues - may sound like nit picking but it's relevant when looking at someone who can or cannot work with others in a team which is what we seem to be talking about re his role at SWFC.

I also agree we have to be brave and look forward BUT with our eyes open. Roeder was incredible unpopular for not only his results at Norwich, but also his alleged lack of engagement with fans and putting down of same in respect of differing opinions to be frank. 

Nowt to lose. Other than the entire club obviously but that ain't happening. We've just appointed 2 people with a lot of football knowledge. We have been mucking about and playing at it for the last 16 seasons. Make do. Patch it up. Paper over the cracks.

I'm sick of it. I want may lad to see us have some success. THis might work out brilliantly, personally I think it will, but if it doesn't then we try summat else.

Look forward, not back. Let's have some positive thoughts for a change.

That said, and whichever way you look at it, we've been out of the Premier League for the last 16 seasons, so whatever we've done in the last 16 season hasn't worked. A definition of madness is doing exactly the same thing, over and over again, and expecting different results.

This x100000000000

Very excited by Pearson. He's done fantastically at his previous clubs. Increased income, got much better value for their expenditure and both Hull and Derby moved forwards under him very quickly.

Roeder...not so sure. He did a horrifically bad job at Norwich (that's not the point, he was a manager there and he won't be here) but more importantly, he was apparently (from people I knew at the club when I lived down there) an absolute c*nt to work with. Arrogant, dogmatic a poor communicator and generally managed to get just about every other employee's back up somehow. Which is obviously midly concerning when his role here is going to require compromise and listening.

But in general I think this is an attractive structure.

Not quite sure where it leaves Aldridge. Pearson spoke in those interviews about being involved heavily in both football and non-football deals. Which sounds a hell of a lot like a CEO. 

Think it's more the arrogance and 'personality' issues - may sound like nit picking but it's relevant when looking at someone who can or cannot work with others in a team which is what we seem to be talking about re his role at SWFC.

I also agree we have to be brave and look forward BUT with our eyes open. Roeder was incredible unpopular for not only his results at Norwich, but also his alleged lack of engagement with fans and putting down of same in respect of differing opinions to be frank. 

his role at Hillsborough wont be to engage with fans though will it half the time he wont be there for match days

Some people are getting too hung up on roeder as a manager. He's not here for that and Infact he's been saying a while he's been looking for this sort of role. Even if Gray gets sacked I don't think we have to worry about him ever being the manager.

Regrettably, this is the beginning of the end for Stuart Grey. They, and we, all know that triumvirates can't work in football. It is just a matter of time before he is offered a managerial/head coach position in a lower league club (maybe United when they lose out in the play offs and Clough goes) - then there will be no compensation to pay and Roeder can take us into the Premiership.

Good move, progressive and forward thinking. Let the coach do the coaching, Stuart loves being on the training ground and frees him from  the dross he hates.

I said I hope the chairman gets himself some support , he may know fish but football is alien to him.

Well done Mr C.

Edited by Big Jack

Good appointments and genuinely looking forward to pre season.

It's a great time to be an owl. Last pre season was the mammadov farce and the other ones, well scrapping around the bargain basement, entering the season with no strikers etc. I'll take the appointment of a couple of experienced football people as a starter thanks very much

Not really sure what I feel about these appointments.

I think I'll have to wait and see what 'Swintonowl' has to say about it !!!

He says Hirtsy will be around still and available for Photo shoots. (take it down mods)

Very excited by Pearson. He's done fantastically at his previous clubs. Increased income, got much better value for their expenditure and both Hull and Derby moved forwards under him very quickly.

Roeder...not so sure. He did a horrifically bad job at Norwich (that's not the point, he was a manager there and he won't be here) but more importantly, he was apparently (from people I knew at the club when I lived down there) an absolute c*nt to work with. Arrogant, dogmatic a poor communicator and generally managed to get just about every other employee's back up somehow. Which is obviously midly concerning when his role here is going to require compromise and listening.

But in general I think this is an attractive structure.

Not quite sure where it leaves Aldridge. Pearson spoke in those interviews about being involved heavily in both football and non-football deals. Which sounds a hell of a lot like a CEO. 

Thisi^^^^^^^^^ whether it's fans or club officials or players, the personality issues are apparently there.......

Got a good mate who's a Norwich fan.

Can't stand Roeder.

Told me a story about how he apparently had the long serving kitman fired.

Bit of a knobber by all accounts.

Edited by SiJ