Pearson & Roeder

Guest The Horse

This is awesome news.

As has been said before - they haven't been brought in to oversee £350k transfer deals.

We are going for it and getting promoted appears to be just the start. These guys are here to help start rebuilding our great club and Chansiri is no mug.

It's obvious that there are very exciting times ahead.

"It's not what you know, It's who you know"

A phrase which is very logical in football with Middlesborough sitting near the top of the Championship

Our chances of signing some very good Championship players have just risen

Welcome Pearson and Roeder 

Great appointments. I think this is "planning ahead" with "a strategy". And we haven't done that for years. I read this as SG staying and us not getting ripped off like we have in the past re: signings and wage demands. Roeders already saying "we" in relation to the club; their obv on board and on focus!!

Also roeder will be involved in other parts of the structure like training facilities and the academy, not just the signing of players.

After listening to the interview this can only be a massive step forward for the football club as whole.

They start work tomorrow so im sure they'll meet with Gray this week and get cracking.

Really glad Gray's got some decent help with the management side, aside from coaching the players.

Very excited to see the calibre of player coming in.

It would have been sensible to have Gray at the press conference to show united (I hate that word) front. The fact he wasn't there might lead some to think he disapproved or wasn't consulted. I hope that isn't the case.

Do committee members have to pass a medical? Roeder might fail to the delight of many. Only joking (I think).

It certainly shows Chansiri means business, he's loading up the non playing wage bill so he's not afraid to spend money to achieve his target. It doesn't look like they will be throwing money around but will spend proper money on the right players.

Overall I take it as positive, now we need to see who we buy/sign. Onwards and upwards. 

Guest _Ibbo_

Only an idiot would complain about Pearson coming on Board.To help develop Hull the way he has is a massive achievement. Hull City FFS. They were nothing but a average lower league club...

how fans of ours can moan is beyond belief.

Everything points towards moving forward and people still moan.

Sometimes i wonder if we deserve a football team to support at all with the attitudes of some on here or if they have other agendas

Gray won't last under this regime. It very rarely seems to work in the uk. I hope to be wrong. I like the appointment of Pearson as he's an experienced chairman and has worked on similar projects before. However I am struggling to see what Roeder offers us considering he hardly succeeded as a manager himself.

You are assuing Managerial Ability counts for anything when thinking of a Director of Footall.

It doesn't - seeing as they are not managers.

Sky bet have us 2nd favourite behind forest to win league next season @ 14/1

(I know it's not very accurate coz we don't know whos coming/stopping down)

Would be interested in seeing our points per game stats with and without McGugan, add a couple of wingers, a striker, we could be looking at a very very good season....