Pearson & Roeder

After listening to the press conference on twitter. Roeder is a first class Brown nose. Grey not being there and the fact the haven't spoken to him yet is poor. Sounds good what they've said about ambitions. However all I hear is bull management talk. Saying the right things. Thing is what maybe best to cover the owners interests makes sense for him. In football it doesn't work like that. A manager picks his team , tactics and if you mess around with that and telling them who will be brought in it will not work. Dovetail nope interference. Disharmony and wasted money on players that don't fit. Already under Milan players were brought in above the managers head . They hardly played. Can a manager do that if they cost real money. So then team is picked for him. 

I really want success, I just don't want a F@#k up and the owner to sell us on because of wasted money and lack of success. I fear his lack of understanding of football has lead to being advised poorly. Let's hope I'm wrong!

Roeder won't be here as a scout. We've got those, and will get more.

Roeder will be in to advice on football decisions long term. Do you think Chansiri would know a good youth team coach if he saw one? Know the reputation of a groundsman or know anything about getting the right nutritionists in or know anything about planning pre-season training trips or away team hotels? Would he know what's a good size of youth operation to have or a reasonable expectation  of the output from a youth development programme? 

Those are all things somebody at the club needs to know and it shouldn't be the responsibility of the person coaching and picking the team. An experienced sounding board for Gray cannot hurt, and if he can help steer the club upwards I'm all for it

After listening to the press conference on twitter. Roeder is a first class Brown nose. Grey not being there and the fact the haven't spoken to him yet is poor. Sounds good what they've said about ambitions. However all I hear is bull management talk. Saying the right things. Thing is what maybe best to cover the owners interests makes sense for him. In football it doesn't work like that. A manager picks his team , tactics and if you mess around with that and telling them who will be brought in it will not work. Dovetail nope interference. Disharmony and wasted money on players that don't fit. Already under Milan players were brought in above the managers head . They hardly played. Can a manager do that if they cost real money. So then team is picked for him. 

I really want success, I just don't want a F@#k up and the owner to sell us on because of wasted money and lack of success. I fear his lack of understanding of football has lead to being advised poorly. Let's hope I'm wrong!

That's exactly why he's just hired to very experienced football advisors. Pearson knows how to gear a club up for the premier league and Roeder has spent the last 30 years in and around football training grounds and dressing rooms. 

Chansiri has stated that Gray will have the final say

I presume it will involve Roeder suggesting players (just like our scouts will) and Gray will have the final say..

There may be an element of translator uncertainty here, of course, but the way I see it is this: Gray is the one who's first in line to get the sack if things go wrong on the pitch, so he should have the casting vote. Although you can't really have a casting vote if there's three of you, so, er, yeah.

Glenn Roeder has the best deal

SG "Glenn I need a 20 goal striker"

GR "Leave it with me Stu"

2 days later

SG "Glenn where are you?"

GR "Just off to the Classico Stu, I will let you know if I find owt"

or

Gray I like the look of I think we should sign him

Roeder O.k I'll have a look and makes some enquiries

Pearson To keep within FFP rules we can offer around

Roeder O.K.

Glenn Roeder has the best deal

SG "Glenn I need a 20 goal striker"

GR "Leave it with me Stu"

2 days later

SG "Glenn where are you?"

GR "Just off to the Classico Stu, I will let you know if I find owt"

I'm not having that

No way has Roeder picked up "Yorkshire" on his first day.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Personally I think this is a good move. If we want to get promoted we have to be run properly with proper people in clearly defined roles. We can't expect to get very far with two or three people running the company. All the big clubs have one person to do one job. I believe Gray will have had some say on Roeders appointment and they will work closely together. Gray will hopefully be able to concentrate more on the first team than he has this season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see more back-room staff come in. It's another sign of dc's intent which is exciting to say the least.

Guest olive varadi

Great appointments. I think this is "planning ahead" with "a strategy". And we haven't done that for years. I read this as SG staying and us not getting ripped off like we have in the past re: signings and wage demands. Roeders already saying "we" in relation to the club; their obv on board and on focus!!