Pearson & Roeder

Guest conisbrough

Pearson sounds the part. I think he is there to make sure Aldridge is doing his job properly and to make sure that Roeder and Gray spend money wisely. Suggests to me £50 million war chest "big boy" at Rotherham mentioned may be accurate.

Pearson and Gray obviously know each other and get on well you could tell from way Pearson spoke.

Roeder sounded as I remember, and did not inspire, although he is obviously collecting air miles. Does not sound as though he will have much of a role in academy.

Hold on to your hats Chairman is going to go for it.

Blunts are already spinning it. Their angle is a comittee never works so they can breathe easy

I've got absolutely zero interest in the thoughts of supporters of a club recently publicly described as "prehistoric".

Sheffield United can start having an opinion on us or Championship football when they can prove they're good enough to compete with us, which sure as sh*t isn't right now.

Well, after listening to the interviews on Audioboom. I can't see how any Wednesday fan can be negative about todays news.

Pearson spoke very well and came across as knowing what needs doing.

Roeder seems confident about his ability in spotting players and seems very willing to put the effort in.

From what they said I believe that Gray will be here next season, Pearson seems to have plenty of respect for him.

To me, today could be one of the most important days in our recent history.

DC is laying foundations for the future and I really can't wait to see the calibre of players we will be signing.

Everything is OK 

From the interview it sounds like the three man Director of Sport team is just that:

- SG suggests a player need requirement

- GR finds the player

- The three agree on player to go for

- GR/AP approach the player

- AP does the deal

Leaving Paul Aldridge to continue running the commerical (non-player) side of things.

This all looks positive and forward thinking to me.

Pity that they couldn't have met with SG before the interview and presented a three-man team to the press conference though.

Glenn roader is a class a rocket polisher, still hanging onto the football teat despite a wretched managerial record. Awful appointment.

Knob, he doesn't have to have been a successful manager to do the job he's been set on to do now. Going by your logic you wouldn't have a manager who wasn't a top class player. You'd have turned down Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho & Big Ron.

How can you possibly be bored by this?

Remember the pre-season our best business was John Hills?

He'd only be happy if DC held a press conference to announce that it is now August. Obviously a tough guy to please but he's got his standards.

Glenn roader is a class a rocket polisher, still hanging onto the football teat despite a wretched managerial record. Awful appointment.

He's also played over 500 professional games and managed 3 big clubs in the Premiership/Championship, as well as being involved with England under Hoddle.

I suspect his brain tumour might have impacted on his managerial record at West Ham?

Had a 45% win ratio at Newcastle before being replaced with Big Sam.

He's a man with vast footballing knowledge and contacts - that is what he's here for, not to manage the team.

Well I'm happy with this. The worst mistake that Chansiri could have made coming in to Wednesday was to not involve football people in the running of the club.

For those asking what Aldridge will be doing, or what the Thai speaking assistant will be doing as well as Pearson and Roeder we need to start thinking of Wednesday as not just a football team of players and a manager with a chairman paying for signings but as a large scale business with operations in coaching and playing as well as marketing, sales, research, development, training and venue and event management.

There's an incredible amount of work goes on in a truly professional sports team and the more of those operations that can be handled by people of experience and drive who also love and know football inside and out then better, and if they can leave the coach/manager to get on with his job then all the better.

Both Roeder and Pearson can work below Chansiri, lets not forget he's got plenty of other things going on and he also knows bugger all about football so getting knowledgeable people below him is vitally important.

So who actually chooses the players? I know Roeder will do the scouting and Pearson the negotiation on fees etc but who actually makes the choice?

Is it Roeder or Gray cos they can't possibly agree on every player

Just wondering that's all

I'm guessing Gray says I've  heard good things about ****** and Roeder says I'll have a look. He goes to see said player but takes a detour to watch another player he has been told/heard about before watching said player leaving Gray to concentrate on running the team,selection tactics etc.

So who actually chooses the players? I know Roeder will do the scouting and Pearson the negotiation on fees etc but who actually makes the choice?

I suspect Gray will tell Roeder the type of player he wants, Roeder will scout and draw up a list of players, and then whoever is responsible for the finances will negotiate with the clubs regarding the list of players and sign the one which fits into the club's budget.

Chansiri has stated that Gray will have the final say

I presume it will involve Roeder suggesting players (just like our scouts will) and Gray will have the final say..

I reckon gray will outline what and who he wants roeder will keep tabs on these targets then pearson will negotiate on fees

If they have differing views on which players to sign Pearson stated in the interview that they'd play soggy biscuit to decide. Seems fair enough.