Pearson & Roeder

he reminds me of myself when trying to speak in a foreign language.

Maybe he speaks thai usually these days  :biggrin:

It shows Mr C's commitment, even his interpreter has our logo on his suit  :biggrin:

PS. Anyone else wonder why I found this clip on here before WednesdayPlayer?

anyone actually speak thai on here? Who knows what DC is really saying and if this guy is interpreting correctly  :laugh:

DC -  "I will just sign free players who no one else wants"

Interpreter - "we will spend 50m on the best players"

and on and on

legal disclaimer this is a joke

think that guy is this guy 

http://www.theempireasia.com/popup_Pro_Pete.html

oi stop pinching my link :biggrin:  seriously though this guy is defo defo much more than an interpreter I believe he was involved in the takeover too and at Readings    got plenty of links which we can use his dad is a mega dealer who brokered the man city purchase i believe

anyone actually speak thai on here? Who knows what DC is really saying and if this guy is interpreting correctly :laugh:

DC - "I will just sign free players who no one else wants"

Interpreter - "we will spend 50m on the best players"

and on and on

legal disclaimer this is a joke

Remind me of the signing guy at Mandelas funeral

Please expand on how and why Glenn Roeder has left clubs in a worse state, because unless you are the owner of said football clubs, all you are referring to is league position and let's face it, managers don't get sacked for winning leagues do they? Nor are they soley responsible for everything that goes on at the club. They are just the ones who get the bullet.

Sorry to pick on you mcmigo, but this is a typical short-sighted OT comment, littering this and many other threads, based on nothing in particular but a dislike for a person and a lack of understanding. Fück me, if we had announced that Klopp, Guardiola and Mourinho had formed this committee people would have moaned and found negatives. I dispair sometimes with this forum.

But surely your comment throws you too far to the other side. You clearly don't like it that some fans are being critical about roeder. But by implication does this mean that you would not be critical of any appointment? If we appointed a trio of warnock, Micky Adams and Mitch ward would you be still taking the same stance?

Why are people hung up about Roeders record as a Manager? He has not been employed as a Manager, so why is it relevant?

Because that is the most relevant football experience he has for this job, and his managerial experience was quoted in the press release. Do you think in his interview he said 'by the way lads I know no more about doing this job than the average fan' or 'I have the experience as I managed West Ham, Newcastle etc' . So of course his managerial experience is relevant. I don't see how he is going to be great in this role when he was so bad as a manager.

Why are people hung up about Roeders record as a Manager? He has not been employed as a Manager, so why is it relevant?

I'm reserving judgement on Roeder slightly underwhelmed but hoping he will be an asset  

To answer your question though I'm fairly confident most critics are assuming he is the next manager standin  if Gray fails I dont think he is but I suspect IF SG doesnt get us firing next season GR will be involved in selecting the next manager or  thats how i see it anyway

Remind me of the signing guy at Mandelas funeral

its like when im in Finnish meetings, i just nod and smile when i think its appropriate. For all i know they could be saying that I am willing to be dressed up as a gimp and used as they wish  :ph34r:

its like when im in Finnish meetings, i just nod and smile when i think its appropriate. For all i know they could be saying that I am willing to be dressed up as a gimp and used as they wish  :ph34r:

many years ago can't remember the show  (would be considered racist now by the pc brigade)  there was some foreign guy answering a question for some 2 minutes and the interpreter  just said "he said -yes!"  lol

As someone in charge of the business side of the club, Pearson looks like a very good appointment.

As for Roeder, well his record as a player was pretty impressive.  As a player, he should be quick to appreciate SG's training methods and his relationship with the current squad.  His coaching/managerial record is quite under-whelming and he hasn't been directly involved in the game for 6 years or so.  Actually, I think this is quite good news in some respects; he is not a contender for SG's job and therefore the threat of him hanging around waiting to take over the reins of the team simply doesn't exist. Yet his experience and knowledge and his reputation as a player could give him quite a sound position and some leverage within the game to help with positive recruitment.

I liked what they have said initially, especially the bit about finding the players with the right character to take the club forward.  It is all very well and good to have skilful players but they need also to commit to SWFC and fit into the team spirit that SG has engendered over the past 18 months.

So whilst this new 'Committee' is not promoting wild screams of delight, I really do hope it can be an effective and balanced way forward; a group without a high profile could also be a group without high egos - that has to be positive.  Quietly and steadily forwards towards 2017. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

There is absolutely nothing negative about what is going on at the club at the moment, it's all very, very, positive.

We have a Chairman who is very focused, and a very successful businessman, claiming he will do whatever it takes to get us promoted by 2017. That is a very bold statement to make unless you're quite positive you can achieve this, and he seems to have a few quid behind him. Furthermore, we can't exactly be sure that he doesn't also have other family members or business associates with a financial interest too.

We seem to be concentrating on getting the club's infrastructure right first, which would make good business sense if you're positioning yourself to be a Premier League club. Furthermore, the spending of significant amounts of money in such areas, in advance of any real player investment, suggests there must be plenty of money available for players.

The quality of advisors and recruitments on the business side is impressive, and we're bringing in knowledge and experience in the business and football arenas, people who have been at the top level.

In short, we're concentrating on becoming a properly run, professional outfit.

About Stuart Gray. He may, or may not, be around for a while longer, we don't know either way. My guess is that we may have a top, top, coach lined up, but if not, Stuart Gray does actually deserve to go into next season, to see how he fends, and there's always the option to bring in a bigger name if he doesn't start off well.

Everything points to a very hectic summer of quality recruitments. I'm going to suggest that we will be THE team players looking for a new club, will want to come to this summer. It's going to be a very exciting summer.

As long as this committee idea has individuals focused on clear lines of responsibility, I can see it working well. If there's confusion over boundaries of responsibility, the arrangement may be troublesome at times. Nice to see Wednesday being at the forefront of football innovation however, providing a lead to the rest of British football.

In short, be prepared to sing "Wednesday are back" on a frequent basis, sometime soon.

Sorry for the positivity btw.