Pearson & Roeder

Just spoken to a Norwich fan - can't repeat on here their opinion of him  :columbo:

With Roeder they were in the prem weren't they?

Anyway he is not in charge this time, he is part of a team, his role here is totally different and one I would say he is suited to.

Guest conisbrough

Chansiri is definitely the owner we want and Pearson as his man on the inside is a good appointment. He came across really well at the press conference.

The definite issue with todays appointments is around Roeder. His record is not good but he has not worked since 2009 and is hardly somebody to set pulse racing. Just heard on radio Sheffield he has been paying his own fares to watch football round the world, which says it all. What is his record in talent spotting? Found little evidence of his ability in this department.

Just spoken to a Norwich fan - can't repeat on here their opinion of him :columbo:

Same could have been said about Gray about his roles at Southampton, Wolves, Northampton etc....

The expectation that he wouldn't be able to carry it on into a second season, but he has....

With Roeder they were in the prem weren't they?

Anyway he is not in charge this time, he is part of a team, his role here is totally different and one I would say he is suited to.

no they were in the Championship - allegedly he was a rather arrogant type - did nothing for them - sorry 

Chansiri is definitely the owner we want and Pearson as his man on the inside is a good appointment. He came across really well at the press conference.

The definite issue with todays appointments is around Roeder. His record is not good but he has not worked since 2009 and is hardly somebody to set pulse racing. Just heard on radio Sheffield he has been paying his own fares to watch football round the world, which says it all. What is his record in talent spotting? Found little evidence of his ability in this department.

Presumably he found a few good uns and was paid some sort of fee by clubs involved either that or he's well minted

no they were in the Championship - allegedly he was a rather arrogant type - did nothing for them - sorry

Fair enough, but like I said he ain't the 'boss' with all the air miles he'll be collecting our players will probably never see him!

Just spoken to a Norwich fan - can't repeat on here their opinion of him :columbo:

A more relevant thing to do, would be to ask Charlton fans what they thought of Les Reed as their manager and then ask Saints fans about the job he's currently doing as their Footballing director.. Hopefully Glenn can have a similiar impact at our club as Les has with the Saints

A more relevant thing to do, would be to ask Charlton fans what they thought of Les Reed as their manager and then ask Saints fans about the job he's currently doing as their Footballing director.. Hopefully Glenn can have a similiar impact at our club as Les has with the Saints

Exactly this

The only time his managerial record will have any sort of relevance to us is if he ends up in charge. Until then there's no reason for it to be used as a negative.

My Derby mate speaks highly of Pearson, which encourages me. Roeder's role seems to be scouting based; although we don't know the details. Seems the best bet for us at this point is to welcome them to the club and wish them all the best. I assume we all want them to succeed?

My Derby mate speaks highly of Pearson, which encourages me. Roeder's role seems to be scouting based; although we don't know the details. Seems the best bet for us at this point is to welcome them to the club and wish them all the best. I assume we all want them to succeed?

With some people on here I wouldn't hold my breath.

Time will tell on these appointments, and the structure of the club going forward. Gut feeling is that too many cooks spoil the broth, but top European clubs work in this way, so this system must have loads of positives.

That said, and whichever way you look at it, we've been out of the Premier League for the last 16 seasons, so whatever we've done in the last 16 season hasn't worked. A definition of madness is doing exactly the same thing, over and over again, and expecting different results.