Pearson & Roeder

As I said earlier I'm pleased and relative excited by the Pearson appointment. Roeder less so for a number of reasons that have been covered by other posters so I won't repeat them. I am genuinely pleased with the set up and forward thinking and I beleive it can be successful. I beleive Vulva made a good point about its insanity to repeat the same process over and over and expect a different outcome, can't remember who said it. Possibly Einstein.

One thing that I found concerning or not concerning dependent on whether you want Gray in charge or not was the distancing language used early on regarding Stuart Gray. It was always 'that will be the responsibility of the head coach' or 'the head coach will do that'. With Pearson and Roeder the Thais used names. It was only when prompted and asked about Sturat Gray directly that they began to use his name and back him and be complimentary. I could be delving a bit too deep here but I find it very ominous that they kept banging on about a 3 man committee and only 2/3rds of them were there and the last party (Gray) seemed to know nothing about what was going on and it was all relatively secretive. I just can't imagine that if he is the chairmans long term solution (past this season) he wouldn't have ben there all day during the press conference, posing for photos with Chansiri, Pearson and Roeder and just generally smiling and basking in what is potentially one of the biggest days in Sheffiled Wednesdays recent history.

Alarm bells ringing on the Gray front for me

Or maybe they just left gray at the training ground doing the job he is paid to do

I'm excited by this news for one main reason only:

It says to me that Mr C is trying to build something here. He's clearly not looking at promotion or bust, but wants us to get up and stay up and is putting everything in place to maximise the chances of that happening. This can only be a good thing.

As for whether these particular individuals (Gray, Pearson, Roeder) are the right ones or even if this structure is the right one is still unclear. But, c'mon people, sh!t is happening. Get on board. HMS PTL is about to sail (again). Enjoy the ride.

tumblr_miwf1uBxgc1s5h9x0o1_500.gif

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

Most top European clubs have loads of footballin directors so this is is the way to go. This can only be a good thing we'll need a bigger directors box soon lol

Quote from the blunts: 

“Sheffield Wednesday has the tradition, the size, the support, the ground and the facilities to make an impact in the Premier League so it is a fantastic project to be involved in"

At least four lies in his first public statement. Not off to a good start are we Adam?

Once again they show they are incapable of a reasoned footballing debate. 

Quote from the blunts: 

“Sheffield Wednesday has the tradition, the size, the support, the ground and the facilities to make an impact in the Premier League so it is a fantastic project to be involved in"

At least four lies in his first public statement. Not off to a good start are we Adam?

fk 'em Orlando. Let them rot. Things are looking up for us and they can't stand it. I couldn't care less about them, their opinions, their crowds, their ground, or their rubbish record in play offs (whooops!).

Quote from the blunts: 

when we are better than them on all levels it is a ridiculous thing to brag about.

Only their academy, which is non of the above and can easily be rectified, do they have on us at the moment

Erm, TBF I Don't think anyone has said it will be a unmitigated disaster...

Most of us couldn't spell unmitigated FFS...

lol

I've noticed that DJM seems to turn up mostly if there's some doom and gloom or unrest lol

When things are going nicely or its a praise thread he doesn't bother posting.

If there's no doom or gloom in a thread he makes some up.

Some of the comments here make no sense. In response to Bach and djm I think all fans are ready to embrace change but glenn roeder Ffs. Some comments suggest that a change to absolutely anything would be a positive. I disagree like I have always disagreed with the 'let's give him a chance he hasn't even pulled on the shirt ' comments when we sign a poo poo player. A bad move by the club should be called out as such and this move, in my opinion, is bad.

Glenn roeder is about the last person i would want in any role at the club. He has consistently left clubs in a worse place than when he was hired. Notably of course he steered West Ham to relegation with possibly the best team to ever be relegated in premiership history. I read his most recent involvement in football was to recommend slade for the Cardiff job. Inspired.

Some of the comments here make no sense. In response to Bach and djm I think all fans are ready to embrace change but glenn roeder Ffs. Some comments suggest that a change to absolutely anything would be a positive. I disagree like I have always disagreed with the 'let's give him a chance he hasn't even pulled on the shirt ' comments when we sign a poo poo player. A bad move by the club should be called out as such and this move, in my opinion, is bad.

Glenn roeder is about the last person i would want in any role at the club. He has consistently left clubs in a worse place than when he was hired. Notably of course he steered West Ham to relegation with possibly the best team to ever be relegated in premiership history. I read his most recent involvement in football was to recommend slade for the Cardiff job. Inspired.

Please expand on how and why Glenn Roeder has left clubs in a worse state, because unless you are the owner of said football clubs, all you are referring to is league position and let's face it, managers don't get sacked for winning leagues do they? Nor are they soley responsible for everything that goes on at the club. They are just the ones who get the bullet.

Sorry to pick on you mcmigo, but this is a typical short-sighted OT comment, littering this and many other threads, based on nothing in particular but a dislike for a person and a lack of understanding. Fück me, if we had announced that Klopp, Guardiola and Mourinho had formed this committee people would have moaned and found negatives. I dispair sometimes with this forum.

Edited by ChapSmurf

I'm delighted by this news. I'm actually shocked by yhe amount of negativity.

Pearson looks a great appointment. History of success. I can see why Roeder will be met with more scepticism but someone who can do the football side while leaving the head coach to coach sounds a great plan.

Most of all it seems the chairman is taking this seriously, has a plan in place and will get us to the premier league.