George Hirst's transfer value ROCKETS after successful Championship season

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Please see previous reply

It's a shame you've been manipulated into your views on a club LEGEND btw - bit gullible that IMO

Am stepping away from the conversation now - will leave you to it

You started this and seem very opinionated on the views of anyone who is critical of the Hirst family but failed to enlighten us on the true story. 

As per my earlier posy, I have no idea what happened but would love to be educated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole George Hirst thing proved at the time just how much this owner could wrap gullible people round his little finger, turn our own fans against pretty much ALL the club legends, and get them convincing each other of situations that just didn't exist

Sad thing is though there are STILL some people who will post the same old cliche'd nonsense that people were passing round then as the facts

Ok I'll bite; please detail all the facts involved here.

• Like 4

I played his Dad in doubles at pool in The Bradway years ago. Me and my mate beat him and his mate, but David was chatting our lass up and I let it go because he's David.

In the end, as we won, not sure David was concentrating on the pool or ours lasses ********. 

George could be my son by proxy. 

True story. Maybe not the George bit. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think his value has gone up much at all.

He should be near the peak of his value and currently he is valued at around what we paid for

Sinton 30 years ago and about 2% of the value of fellow Yorkshireman Haaland.

From what I have seen he is a decent if a bit injury prone 2nd division footballer.

If they get promoted ( I would love Ipswich to do it ). We will then see if he is good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Hirst has 6 goals in 26 games this season playing for one of the best teams in the league. He’s 25. 

Cadamateri has 5 goals in 25. He’s 18 and plays for a team that creates a chance at goal about once a month. 

The whole situation was a regrettable mess, but ironically after waiting decades for a home grown striker of any real talent, we’ve had another one- potentially even better- come through already and that’s where our focus should be. 

I was just thinking at his age, if he had those numbers for us there would be outrage and cries of we need better. I mean Musaba gets grief week in week out with better figures than Hirst. I think Hirst is decent BTW, I also think he’d be better if he’d not wasted the time playing pretend football on foreign lower leagues. But it is what it is. Time to move on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Hirst has 6 goals in 26 games this season playing for one of the best teams in the league. He’s 25. 

Cadamateri has 5 goals in 25. He’s 18 and plays for a team that creates a chance at goal about once a month. 

The whole situation was a regrettable mess, but ironically after waiting decades for a home grown striker of any real talent, we’ve had another one- potentially even better- come through already and that’s where our focus should be. 

Also worth noting that we are currently (until this takeover completes) at the whim of Chansiri and his ability (or lack of) to retain players 

Owlstalk Shop

He's turned into a decent striker/front man and has strength and good awareness... and was an important part of the Ipswich squad until he got injured!! I wish he was still here! His goal return is OK there too where they all pop a few in!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

I think when Leicester came calling you either accept the offer or, if you reject it offer him a contract at his new market value.

Chansiri did neither.

Didnt we reject there bid  and offer him a new  contract .......

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ex_retfordowl said:

..... and would have spent that un wages over the years for a 6 goal a season striker. He aint worth £3.5m

He ain't even worth the transfermkt estimate of £2.5m when you convert the 3.2m Euros they state into pounds. If they do go up he isn't going to get a game unless there's a striker injury crisis...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

Didnt we reject there bid  and offer him a new  contract .......

Yep and we offered him a VERY good deal for somebody who had one league appearance in the Championship coming off the bench 

21 hours ago, Furious George said:

I played his Dad in doubles at pool in The Bradway years ago. Me and my mate beat him and his mate, but David was chatting our lass up and I let it go because he's David.

In the end, as we won, not sure David was concentrating on the pool or ours lasses ********. 

George could be my son by proxy. 

True story. Maybe not the George bit. 

You must have been foookin furious George.