Aside improvement n the pitch, what I like most about Röhl is how He treats club and its fans.

Just compare "You are not wolves in this league, You are mice" with respect We are getting from Danny.

Like a day and night difference.

• Like 3

If Danny keeps us up, it will be the equivalent of a promotion on his cv. I'm sure clubs higher up the pyramid will be taking an interest over the summer or the first few months of next season when many managers will be inevitably sacked after poor starts.

I just hope he gets to have a proper transfer window with generous backing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

IF we stay up, then Rholl is up there with 'Sir' Jack Charlton as the best manager/Coach of this club in my life- time

Ron Atkinson and Tricky Trev ...weren't to shabby pal 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Xisco must have said he'd work for free.

I heard he'd promised a record breaking start to the season... Just didn't specify which records he'd be aiming for.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I still fid it incredibly difficult to understand how DC could have chosen Xisco over Danny last summer. He even admitted Xisco didn't have the best CV and to be sure he did not interview well.

Totally mind-numbing decision.

I'm pretty sure read somewhere (it may have been on here though 😃 ) that at his first interview Röhl wanted to manage us as well as keep his then current job as German assistant (transfermkt dates confirms Danny was still asst manager of Germany at the time of the first interview).

If true, if i was Chansiri (heaven forbid) I wouldn't have set him on then either. 

Disclaimer: I passionately want Chansiri out of this club but even he may have got a couple of things right since 2015!

Edited by Almat

I'd completely given up and didn't even care if we sacked Xisco or not. I didn't think ANY manager could get a tune out of our terribly lacking squad of players, or get any players in worth having with the limited resources that the club would offer in January.

But, Danny has done this, and its a miracle we have any chance of staying up this late on (let alone a good one). I'll say it, fair play to Chansiri for getting him in. Now. If possible Chansiri needs to capitalise on the first good thing he's done at the club in many years. Support Danny and do everything he can to keep him here, no matter what happens from now to the end of the season. The man has serious potential to be a fantastic manager. UTO

• Like 1

We've seen nothing like the best of what he has to offer yet. That's been limited by the damage Chancer and Disco did before Danny came in.

What is amazing though, is the effective and incredibly united coaching and backroom team he's built. Best I've seen in decades here.

If only everything else about the club was as good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If Danny keeps us up, it will be the equivalent of a promotion on his cv. I'm sure clubs higher up the pyramid will be taking an interest over the summer or the first few months of next season when many managers will be inevitably sacked after poor starts.

I just hope he gets to have a proper transfer window with generous backing.

He just needs the right backing, doesn't have to cost the earth and I suspect he'll have a list of options that will fit his style of play but be relatively inexpensive. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I still fid it incredibly difficult to understand how DC could have chosen Xisco over Danny last summer. He even admitted Xisco didn't have the best CV and to be sure he did not interview well.

Totally mind-numbing decision.

His son chose Xisco, DC doesnt even like football

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sykes said:

I'm praying he stays away from the dressing room. He is not what we need right now.

He is not what we need EVER 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Ron Atkinson and Tricky Trev ...weren't to shabby pal 

True, but IF Rholl can keep, us up he will have done so with a lower budget, and after the start this season, the worst starting position.

Regardless of horrendous season ticket prices and matchday prices, merchandise prices in the shop, treatment of club legends, lack of investment in the ground and training ground, the release of statement after statement, the inability to sort out contracts for players who are deserved of one, the loss of Röhl at the end of the season would trump all these. He HAS to bend over backwards and give him what he wants. Give contracts to the players he wants to keep, invest in the training pitches, academy. Do what is necessary to keep Röhl at the club, like someone said previously he'll be worth millions to the club in a couple of years. If DC thinks the fans despise him currently, it'll multiply ten fold if he allows Röhl to leave this summer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

You do realise we’ve won four English League titles, three FA Cups, one League Cup and qualified for Europe. DR is battling against relegation from the championship.  A little perspective please. 

I do realise this and stand behind my statement we've not seen a manager like Röhl before.

but tell me more about Harry Catterick working miracles in the1958-59 season....i heard he was just like Röhl in the way he approached analytics and tactics...

5 hours ago, thatladfromchap said:

I do realise this and stand behind my statement we've not seen a manager like Röhl before.

but tell me more about Harry Catterick working miracles in the1958-59 season....i heard he was just like Röhl in the way he approached analytics and tactics...

I could tell you about Ron Atkinson who won the League Cup against Man Utd when we were in the Championship. But you’re right, being 4th bottom with 2 games to go is much better

Edited by Lawrie’s Left Peg
Spelling