Tuesday 9 April - Norwich at home (our 5000th) game

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

How do you calculate its our 5,000 game?

Is that just league games or all competitive fixtures.

If he's looking at the same source I am, although it says we've played 4996 league games that doesn't include play off matches. Of which we've played 13 (I think). So the actual milestone 5,000th league game (why should play offs be counted separately?) was the 4-0 loss at Huddersfield.  Typical Wednesday...

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

If he's looking at the same source I am, although it says we've played 4996 league games that doesn't include play off matches. Of which we've played 13 (I think). So the actual milestone 5,000th league game (why should play offs be counted separately?) was the 4-0 loss at Huddersfield.  Typical Wednesday...

Thats interesting that it's just league games. Yes I would count play off games as league games.

Always wondered if the Papa Jons games Wednesday played v Leicester and Newcastle Under 21s count as competitive games.

36 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Thats interesting that it's just league games. Yes I would count play off games as league games.

Always wondered if the Papa Jons games Wednesday played v Leicester and Newcastle Under 21s count as competitive games.

If we're only including competitive games, there's plenty more we can discount as well over time, Newcastle in 1999 springs to mind as one of very many.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Something like that should be 5000 tickets given away to any Wednesdayite in need or cannot afford to go. Every Wednesdayite before and after sustained this club, milestones, are the time to give it back

Be a marketing and PR dream for our chansir this 

my guess is category A 

Thai food only 

programme dedicated to chansiri 

chansiri to start up front as captain 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

If we're only including competitive games, there's plenty more we can discount as well over time, Newcastle in 1999 springs to mind as one of very many.....

Much prefer the non competitive games vs QPR in 87 , Leicester in 86 and Leeds a few years ago. 

severe mental trauma wipes out any recollection on any game in Newcastle during that year lol