If Danny jumps ship

7 minutes ago, Marro said:

Totally agree.  Whatever division we end up in Röhl needs to be properly backed.  I have no confidence Chansiri will do so 

Not much chance of that if he's  run out of money.....it'll  be freebies and loans .

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Not much chance of that if he's  run out of money.....it'll  be freebies and loans .

Yep, you can see that coming.

I personally think DR will leave in the summer for that exact reason if Chancer is still the owner.

A manager can't build a team given those circumstances.

More sad times ahead I fear.

Edited by Ray Von shabba

I think it will be a case of " When ", more than " If". He has got recognised for the job he has done here so far. Many questions, Will he get the backing he needs ?, if we go down, will he want to see the job through and get us back up ?, will another club make him an offer to good to turn down ?.

One positive thing in our favour, is he does love the fans, and built a really good connection.

10 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

I am not feeling miserable as a Wednesdayite.

I did when Monk was manager.

But now that we are Röhl ing up the table in a brilliant fight against relegation it is a relatively pleasant experience, with its tense moments... 

You need help

• Like 1

we all like danny Röhl but he is still totally unproven as a manager . he has made massive tactical and team selection errors thats partly why out goal dif is -31 .  i dont think a better job is quite ready for him yet , though give it 12 months and probably will be.  we lost 6-0 due to him whether you like him or not , he will have to cut this out for him to get a better job going forward.  i dont think he will be leaving for 12 months . watching us away from home is painful . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

we all like danny Röhl but he is still totally unproven as a manager . he has made massive tactical and team selection errors thats partly why out goal dif is -31 .  i dont think a better job is quite ready for him yet , though give it 12 months and probably will be.  we lost 6-0 due to him whether you like him or not , he will have to cut this out for him to get a better job going forward.  i dont think he will be leaving for 12 months . watching us away from home is painful . 

The ONLY thing we need from Röhl this season is safety 

Nothing else matters 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

My feeling is Danny will be head hunted if we do get relegated. 

And he will move on because of DC. 

There is then a slim chance DC will finally get the message and sell up?

But where this will leave SWFC god knows? 

So the focus can only be avoiding relegation at all costs. But we have a very average player squad. Look at our subs bench. Embarrassing yes! 

Credit to Danny for getting us to where we have a chance to stay up though. 

When Danny did his due diligence before coming here, he probably felt reassured when perhaps somebody in the know told him that Wednesday was run like one of the main players in tier 2 of the English football pyramid. 

The trouble is, the gist of the advice was lost in translation and what in fact he had been told is that Wednesday were run like an EFL 2 club.  

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Röhl keeping Wednesday up this season is the most important thinning but cant be the only thing.

If club (Chansiri) are not planning beyond first weekend is May then stopping up this season is just a stay of execution.

If Wednesday did stay up, it wouldn't surprise me if next season, we are relying on loan players to keep us up in January again, regardless of manager.

• Like 3

If Danny goes at the end of the season I truly believe it will be the straw that breaks the camels back for our fanbase. If DC thinks the last few protests were bad he will get quite a shock going forward.

He finally won on Manager Roulette and he is too stupid to realise it.

If we stay up I hope he stays, he might.... if we go down, no chance.

We'll probably not appoint someone until late July again and it'll take a while to get going. 

We're just going round in circles under DC, no plan at all. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

If Danny goes at the end of the season I truly believe it will be the straw that breaks the camels back for our fanbase. If DC thinks the last few protests were bad he will get quite a shock going forward.

Depends how the club spins it 

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Gbear1867 said:

You need help

If you are as miserable as you claim, despite us climbing steadily away from relegation, then you should get help from counselling and medication.  Wednesday are getting good help from our brilliant Röhl.   

Have a Happy Day and be a joyful Owl !

• Haha 5