If Danny jumps ship

If he sees their facilities he’ll be off. 😂

Im hoping that the chance in the Summer to really make a mark on the squad will go in our favour. However, if there’s nothing to spend AGAIN then Sunderland could be an option he may want to explore. Staying up is a must though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marshy said:

If he sees their facilities he’ll be off. 😂

Im hoping that the chance in the Summer to really make a mark on the squad will go in our favour. However, if there’s nothing to spend AGAIN then Sunderland could be an option he may want to explore. Staying up is a must though.

To be fair, Sunderland seem a bit hit or miss right now with some of the decisions coming from the top. 

But maybe I'm just biased.

46 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I think compensation is typically calculated using the remaining contract term and the contract amount. So, if we multiply not very long by not very much we get, very little...... lol

not necessarily it depends on the terms of the contract, for example Bruce had a fixed fee which made him one of our most profitable sales which is ridiculous 

sunderland are a club going nowhere , there supporters aint happy at all with there owners , they spend nothing , there wage bill is probably even lower than ours and ours is bottom 8 . no idea why danny would want to go there . look what happened to d moore , very popular here now at a small run down club whose support cant be very happy.  

Heard Danny is fed up with the lack of investment in the training ground and lack of incomings/outgoings in the January transfer window.

Things are that bad that they were negotiating with players in London in January to keep them away from Middlewood Road.

He’ll not be around past the summer, his comments after the Ipswich game confirmed it for me. 

Edited by Bassetts Allsorts
  • Like 4

I think Sunderlands owners are just as reluctant to invest in a striker and they simply wanted a manager last time around who would implement their business plan and without any of his own coaching team. Part of the reason Mowbray left was because he was at odds with the money ball approach but that stats type approach and a young team may appeal to Röhl. They have a great stadium, fan base and facilities so whilst the challenges are similar to here with resources and owners they are a safer bet than us right now. I’m sure no one will thank the NE journos for “breaking” this at a key stage of the season either 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

not necessarily it depends on the terms of the contract, for example Bruce had a fixed fee which made him one of our most profitable sales which is ridiculous 

My original point was that he will almost certainly leave. No contract can keep a manager at a club if he decides his time is up. Whatever any prospective compensation amounts to it will be negligible compared to the loss of one of the most talented and popular managers we've seen. Ambition and resources are what his talent deserves, Chansiri can't offer him that. 

• Like 1

Röhl deserves so much better than having to work with Chansiri. The way the club is run off the pitch is an embarrassment because of Chansiri. Röhl will leave in the summer and personally I will be gutted. He is the best thing to happen to us for years. 

13 hours ago, Morepork said:

My original point was that he will almost certainly leave. No contract can keep a manager at a club if he decides his time is up. Whatever any prospective compensation amounts to it will be negligible compared to the loss of one of the most talented and popular managers we've seen. Ambition and resources are what his talent deserves, Chansiri can't offer him that. 

Yeah he will leave and I’d share your dissatisfaction with that if it’s this summer if we stay up and it’s to a club in mid table due to facilities etc as they are fair issues that have been left to neglect. But for that to happen someone like Sunderland would need to probably pay good money for him which not a lot of clubs do. That is my point.

All this needs viewing in the context that Rohls background, what he is used to, his contacts and his aspirations will take him away from us anyway regardless of how good or bad our training ground is. It’s maybe the difference of 12 months either way if he keeps getting results. If he doesn’t then what was the fuss about 

16 hours ago, Hyde2005 said:

sunderland are a club going nowhere , there supporters aint happy at all with there owners , they spend nothing , there wage bill is probably even lower than ours and ours is bottom 8 . no idea why danny would want to go there . look what happened to d moore , very popular here now at a small run down club whose support cant be very happy.  

Bigger club

Bigger, better stadium 

Better facilities

Better players

Better owner

Better structure at the club where he doesn’t have to book hotel rooms for away games etc.

I honestly can’t see why fans think he’d choose us over Sunderland.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bigger club

Bigger, better stadium 

Better facilities

Better players

Better owner

Better structure at the club where he doesn’t have to book hotel rooms for away games etc.

bigger stadium and attendances but that’s not the only measure of club size as we’ve both achieved similar things in the game but in terms of the here and now the other points can’t be argued against really. Owner isn’t popular though and benefits from other people’s investment into the club rather than his own 

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bigger club

Bigger, better stadium 

Better facilities

Better players

Better owner

sunderland are the biggest sleeping giants in english football and there club had the right owners they could go very far . but they just aint and i think there are about 4 what have large shareholdings . the club aint progressing , no money is been spent on players and a total reliance on young players .  i doubt at present you would get many sunderland supporters giving the club the thumbs up, some even think they can go down this season which is madness as no chance that will happen.  if he went there a few bad results and they will be on his back . name a club where a manager loses games 4-0 5-0 6-0 due to the wrong tactics and still has the backing of practically 100% of the fan base?  

will he be here next season? i have my doubts but that will be due to 1 man only who owns the club , if he cant promise danny that he will be backed properly then it be difficult 

17 hours ago, owls maniac said:

He will jump ship because he’ll soon work out working for this chairman won’t take him where he wants to be. 

My gut feeling is that if he leaves, the Chansiri Cult members will start crying how Röhl is a judas etc etc 

Owlstalk Shop

Carlos left for the Prem, and after the fans had turned on him. Brucie left for the Prem, and genuinely, actually for his boyhood club. Danny

won't leave for another random mid-table Championship team. He'll do the hard yards with us, get a reputation as both a good manager and a man trying to build something and then leave when his contract is up.

The irony of all this is I don't think it mattered to Röhl that facilities were bad or that we were run on a skeleton staff, even that the squad wasn't the best. What mattered to him was having the ability to improve and move forward. That requires resources that Chansiri no longer has and is why his argument that he has the clubs best interests at heart has no substance.