If Danny jumps ship

1 hour ago, DSandersonOWL said:

If you are as miserable as you claim, despite us climbing steadily away from relegation, then you should get help from counselling and medication.  Wednesday are getting good help from our brilliant Röhl.   

Have a Happy Day and be a joyful Owl !

Climbing steadily as in second bottom? Ooookkkaayy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We were 10 lengths behind in the boat race now we are clashing oars with the other boats.

The question is have we completely blown our energy catching up and now we've got nothing left.

At 34 I don't think Danny Röhl is worrying about father time calling off his career, if he feels safe and liked and knows the fanbase would back him against the owner, we can only hope he's not feeling any urgency to make up for lost time, just feeling his way into the management at a place where the expectations are low but the support remains fanatical and forgiving, knowing he's doing his level best with an inadequate set of players.

• Like 2

The annoying thing is we interviewed this guy in the summer and went with Disco Stu. 

Based on what we've seen under Röhl, I am pretty confident we'd be staying up this season had he taken over from the start. 

And yes, I could see him leaving in the summer one way or another. He may keep us up, outline his ambitions to the chairman, and then swiftly depart thereafter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gbear1867 said:

Climbing steadily as in second bottom? Ooookkkaayy

'Climbing steadily away from relegation' is exactly what we have been doing, with our wins while Udders & others lose.

You seem to be so miserable about our Glorious Chairman that you are not following this season's Great Escape. 

Do try to keep up!

37 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The annoying thing is we interviewed this guy in the summer and went with Disco Stu. 

Based on what we've seen under Röhl, I am pretty confident we'd be staying up this season had he taken over from the start. 

And yes, I could see him leaving in the summer one way or another. He may keep us up, outline his ambitions to the chairman, and then swiftly depart thereafter. 

All DC saw was promotion to the Premier League on his CV and his unrealistic greed got the better of him again as usual.#

He didn't stop and think that Xisco had been parachuted in to get the best squad in the Championship to limp over the line playing a style of football that even the Watford fans couldn't stand.

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I think people are jumping the gun with Röhl a bit tbh. Yes huge potential but he still has a lot to prove and technically hasn’t achieved anything yet 

Isn't that what they say about Pochettino, but he's not done that bad has he?

Other than letting Danny feel the love, there's nothing we can do about it, so why worry about something that may not even happen.

Of course if it does then it's pitchforks and flaming torches time!

12 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Yep, you can see that coming.

I personally think DR will leave in the summer for that exact reason if Chancer is still the owner.

A manager can't build a team given those circumstances.

More sad times ahead I fear.

I actually don’t think we need to spend (much) money to compete next season (if we stop up and by some miracle Röhl’s still the manager). With the right coaching staff it’s proved we can develop and get a tune out of young players like Musaba and Gassama. Problem I think in January was the lack of players available / teams taking the Michael knowing we were up poo creek without a paddle. If Röhl is able to get rid of the dead wood I’m confident he could replace with much better quality on less dough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

'Climbing steadily away from relegation' is exactly what we have been doing, with our wins while Udders & others lose.

You seem to be so miserable about our Glorious Chairman that you are not following this season's Great Escape. 

Do try to keep up!

Personally, I don't see how anyone can enjoy watching us get bummed by massive scorelines every time we play away from home, but each to their own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gbear1867 said:

Personally, I don't see how anyone can enjoy watching us get bummed by massive scorelines every time we play away from home, but each to their own.

Look at the bigger picture mate

All we have to do is stay up

(And then get rid of the chairman)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Some of his more recent comments suggest he's getting his ducks lined up for a new venture elsewhere. By that I mean he would surely not be criticinsing the infrastructure if he thought we'd be investing in it anytime soon. Opening up his avenues for a move elsewhere.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gbear1867 said:

I don't enjoy watching Wednesday get beaten by any score 

Try and enjoy the Great Escape, especially if it is successful 

7 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

If you are as miserable as you claim, despite us climbing steadily away from relegation, then you should get help from counselling and medication.  Wednesday are getting good help from our brilliant Röhl.   

Have a Happy Day and be a joyful Owl !

climbing away from relegation 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

climbing away from relegation 🤔

Why are you puzzled ?  Or perhaps you are surprised by the magical Röhl we are on. 

In November we were 12 points adrift now we are only one point adrift !   

Over the past 5 games (including losses to Leeds & Ipswich) we have more points than any of the six teams above us.

Rejoice that we are climbing away from relegation 🎇 in our latest Great Escape

• Like 1
  • Haha 2