Transfer Rumours January 2024 window

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

A mate who supports Rotherham claims he was on £3k a week at Rotherham and they offered him £5k after promotion - on a 2 year contract. Maybe our offer of 3 years was the "financial reason" element?

If we've given Smith £10k a week, with all due to respect to ourselves and Smith, we're f*cking stupid! 😆

Chansiris biggest problem.

Big wages for average players.

Smith and Ikky were rumoured to arrive on 10k with promotion bonuses.

Theyre probably both on the 13k+ wage with Palmer Vaulks Windass and Paterson with Bannan on his 20k. Hideous really.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Smith and Gregory will only get offers from lower divisions, that means we’ll be subsidising loans heavily to move them. 

For Gregory it’s worth it, he looked a bit part player in League One last year and should never have been given a new deal 

Smith you may as well keep, so then you need to send Fletcher back. It will be interesting to see who Röhl prefers between Smith and Fletcher

4 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I didn't think there was a limit to the number of eligible foreign players you can sign.

Though there has to be a minimum of 7 'homegrown' players named in a matchday squad. 

Obviously there is a limit to loans, which is 7 of which only 5 can be named in a matchday squad.

We have 4 loan players.  Vasquez, Fletcher, Buckley, Hendrick and Mo Diaby.

I believe this is wrong. Partially. There is no limit to the number of foreign players you can sign, but there is a limit to the number of foreign signings that don't meet the necessary number of points to qualify for a WP. I think it's 4 or 5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

I really hope if we sign players from the German leagues we can have multiple threads on the correct pronunciation of their names, as well as have someone dedicated to correcting posters as and when they either mid-use or omit the “omelette”.

Would anyone like to volunteer?

Can I pick you up on the term 'mid-use' as part of my application for the job? 😁

Edited by Nut
CaNt quote
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I believe this is wrong. Partially. There is no limit to the number of foreign players you can sign, but there is a limit to the number of foreign signings that don't meet the necessary number of points to qualify for a WP. I think it's 4 or 5.

It's not called a work permit but an 'International Sportspersons Visa'. Which in the case of football can be obtained with a governing body endorsement (GBE) from the F.A., if a particular club's application is successful.

Previously a player needed at least 15 points in the criteria based system for obtaining a GBE. The points are based on the quality of the League of the players parent or previous club. Where the club finished in that league and how they performed in Continental competitions. Also the number of appearances made for the team. Also a certain number of appearances for their national team gave a player an an 'autopass'.

If a player accrued 10-14 points a club can submit a request to an Exceptions panel if they feel there are exceptional circumstances.

I think what you're talking about is since last Summer if the above points criteria aren't met, a club can now apply for a player to be granted a GBE as an Elite Significant Contribution (ESC) player. The F.A. would still expect the player in these circumstances to meet certain criteria.

Including they must have played in at least one youth or senior international for a nation ranked in FIFA's top 50. Or 5 for a nation outside the top 50. Or played in at least one Continental competition match or at least 5 Domestic competition matches.

Clubs can in this way sign up to 4 overseas players who don't meet the points requirements, providing they meet the other criteria.

If we were looking at signing players from Bundesliga clubs, especially the top ones that competed in European competitions, they should be able to reach the 15 points needed. Just being from a Bundesliga team gains 10 points.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If we were looking at signing players from Bundesliga clubs, especially the top ones that competed in European competitions, they should be able to reach the 15 points needed. Just being from a Bundesliga team gains 10 points.

What if they are just from a Bundesliga team but have "only" played 25% of available minutes? Is this table out of date/wrong to suggest that they would get 0 points, not 15?

image.png.706f1da4e6959ecb563805be6a34e075.png

https://www.mills-reeve.com/stand-alone-pages/fa-governing-body-endorsement-requirements/gbe-criteria-for-senior-players

14 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I think we will end up with a good few young ens on loan. 
plenty of energy. Unproven but ones with potential. 
All fall in love with them then lose them at end of season. 🙈

Wouldn't be too worried about that if they help keep us up!

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

What if they are just from a Bundesliga team but have "only" played 25% of available minutes? Is this table out of date/wrong to suggest that they would get 0 points, not 15?

image.png.706f1da4e6959ecb563805be6a34e075.png

https://www.mills-reeve.com/stand-alone-pages/fa-governing-body-endorsement-requirements/gbe-criteria-for-senior-players

That table for appearances is correct. But a player also gets points based on the quality of the League, providing  they have featured in the match day squad at least once. And the Bundesliga is a Band 1 competition which gains another 10 points.

So anyone playing 30-39% of games in the Bundesliga will have 16 points right away. 

There are also additional points based on where that team finished in the league last season. And performance in cup competitions.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

keep on as we are, maybe a few more but Bailey is worth a load of cash so he's best signing.. Others coming in could ruin the momentum

Cademateri has obvious potential but he's not worth anything yet.

Do you understand that constant improvement is necessary?

You can't not try to improve the squad because it would ruin momentum. I don't know what you mean really.

• Like 2