Transfer Rumours January 2024 window

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Smith was sold to generate a fee to use.  I'm not sure he fits the pressing, agile, harassing way Röhl likes to play.  And he's one of the few players we have that would ba valuable to a L1 club pushing for promotion.  32 or not, a goal every other game is worth a few quid.

Id be very surprised and disappointed if we get rid of Smith before the Summer. He’s not going to start if Cads keeps up this form, plus hopefully we bring in a first-choice striker in January, but Smith will be really useful over the second half of the season. 

• Like 3

Smith's on more than 10k a week here. 

I know for fact Rotherham offered him their highest ever salary at that time which was 8-10k and he chose to come here for financial reasons and we've been promoted since. 

We'd get 500k max for a double figure striker, who last got us 20 in league 1, if we get relegated we're just going to strengthen a rival. 

Crossroads moment personally unless we plan to bring 2 strikers in I'd keep him until the summer minimum and re-asses, he is different to what we've got, doesn't suit the style of Röhl but coming off the bench he can still offer us something regardless. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WimJunk said:

If I were a club like Derby, I would consider someone like Smith, but only on loan and then get younger and better next summer. 

Good luck to them trying to get someone as guaranteed as Smith to get the goals on loan I guess. Smith got double figures at this level for Rotherham I think, he just doesn't suit our high press, so any suitors would have to consider that he does have goals in him at this level too.

54 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Can Derby even pay transfer fees yet?

No idea, but the difference between League One and the Championship is £12m currently, so they may consider a modest fee as a sensible spend to increase their promotion chances.

53 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

I know for fact Rotherham offered him their highest ever salary at that time which was 8-10k and he chose to come here for financial reasons and we've been promoted since. 

We'd get 500k max for a double figure striker, who last got us 20 in league 1, if we get relegated we're just going to strengthen a rival. 

Crossroads moment personally unless we plan to bring 2 strikers in I'd keep him until the summer minimum and re-asses, he is different to what we've got, doesn't suit the style of Röhl but coming off the bench he can still offer us something regardless. 

53 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

A mate who supports Rotherham claims he was on £3k a week at Rotherham and they offered him £5k after promotion - on a 2 year contract. Maybe our offer of 3 years was the "financial reason" element?

If we've given Smith £10k a week, with all due to respect to ourselves and Smith, we're f*cking stupid! 😆