Have the last three games given you confidence?

2 hours ago, Albertowl said:

Far from it.

If we have developed a Rotherham type ability to not play particularly well, but consistently find a way to win, fair enough, my confidence might grow, but i worry that some players might not recapture the high performance levels of the second half of last season and until we (hopefully) bring in some different attacking options, we are going to struggle to breakdown teams who try to stop us playing. That and being played off the park for an hour last week, by a side that haven't won a point yet this season, doesn't fill me with confidence.

I think that we have the quality now in midfield to change most matches so we need a bit more pace to give us that extra dimension up front...the signs are encouraging 

• Like 1

Not really, and that's because I genuinely believe Wednesday will crush anyone that dare stand up to us.  I believed that before the season started, and I believe it now.  No change in confidence levels for me.

We are simply doing what we were born to do, to destroy the manhoods of our opponents.

• Haha 2

Oddly enough the Charlton game gave me the most confidence. Once we made changes we seemed to overpower them. This really gave me the confidence that ultimately squad depth is what wins you promotion. Our midfield can literally be changed in entirety during a game with players of equivalent quality (albeit different attributes). This is very very hard to play against when so few other teams have that luxury. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

If mk Don's and Charlton had players that could finish 

We'd be looking at 2 loses and a draw 

Funny old game 

IF we had not defended like school kids against pompey we would be sat top on 9 pts.

No.

We knew we were a bit short of numbers at the back before season kicked off. We now have Famewo out for months and Iorfa low of confidence / form. We are threadbare.

Same, albeit not quite as bad, up front.

We’ve started the season a bit like last season: unbeaten, few goals conceded, but riding our luck. Could easily be sat of 1/2 points. We need a couple of signings to bolster the squad and to boost my confidence.

• Like 1

Mixed feelings tbh

Like last season we do have genuine quality at this level that most sides don’t have, so we will always pick up results 

However I really would like to see us bossing games and running out convincing winners on a regular basis 

I understand why people may feel confident - 7 from 9 while not playing our best bodes well, but it's too early to be confident for me.

Remember last year, started well - 10 points after 1st 5 games (4 actually), then we imploded only getting 12 points from the next 10 games. Let's see where we are after 10 games or how we react to the inevitable loss.

But, no doubt, things look good at the moment.

• Like 1

I think we have enough depth in the squad to do it

I'm not so sure we utilise what we have properly

I'm not a DM out bloke, but I honestly thought the starting 11 on Saturday was poor, I admire the fact he recognised and changed it.

I don't like the playing out from the back cos we didn't have the players to do it, we tried it last year and got undone on occasion

I simply think we have the players, but not got the system quite right.

Simply my opinion.

4 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Oddly enough the Charlton game gave me the most confidence. Once we made changes we seemed to overpower them. 

Fully agree. Think it’s sometimes easy and lazy to say “wouldn’t have won that last season”.. but I think for that Charlton game it might be right.

We just need to get the hell out of this league and this start to the season could have been a banana skin that put us on the back foot. As it stands, we’re just an afternoon of defensive naivety away from a perfect start.

Away at Peterborough midweek might be the toughest fixture of the season on paper, or certainly up there. Avoid defeat tomorrow and I think we’re looking at a really strong start. A great start if we can get all 3 points.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

Those last two 1-0 wins would have ended up as an away defeat and home draw last season so in terms of protecting a lead I think we are in better shape that last year.

It did seem less worrying with the slender lead , last couple of games compared to last season..

last saturday, I wasn't even staring at the Kop floor last 10 minutes, expected us to get a second...

Far from it, they look like strangers to each other, still have a long way to go before they gel.  The lack of pace is a concern as well, no one really attacked the Charlton defence until the last third of the game it was pitiful.

I still firmly believe that last seasons squad was stronger.

Who the hell is going to supply Smith?  He will be stranded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luke said:

If mk Don's and Charlton had players that could finish 

We'd be looking at 2 loses and a draw 

Funny old game 

That is why their players are in league one.... they miss far more than they score

This will be repeated throughout the season and occasionally one will score a worldie again us

9 hours ago, Onge said:

Thirty years of being a Wednesday fan has made me immune to confidence. Cautiously optimistic is the best I can muster...

Even my favourite ever team 83/84 found a way to ******** up the title.....no way am I confident of even going up yet....ask me at the end of November.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Far from it, they look like strangers to each other, still have a long way to go before they gel.  The lack of pace is a concern as well, no one really attacked the Charlton defence until the last third of the game it was pitiful.

I still firmly believe that last seasons squad was stronger.

Who the hell is going to supply Smith?  He will be stranded.

Still being too cautious really, need to stop this constant playing out from the back, just predictable need to mix it up.

I thought we would have 11 points from 5 games and would be over the moon  with that with the mixed performances.

Positive is that we will get better, as will others but feel we have enough this year...so optimistic.