Have the last three games given you confidence?

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Scraped out some results
Kept clean sheets
New players coming in and doing well

Confident?

No. I think the last two games in particular we got away with it, either through last ditch goalkeeping or less than clinical finishing by the opposition.

But....

I think there's also good reason to believe we will get better. We've got new players still getting to know each other, particularly in defence. We've got some important players currently out through injury who will return at some point. And we've shown, even if only intermittently, that when it all clicks we're pretty good. After weathering the storm against Charlton we could have ended up with two or three.

Plenty of reasons to be confident going forward.

Edited by Roy Of The Roasters
  • Like 2

We've not played particularly well but have come away with 7 from 9 points which should be a good sign. We did this last season though and then had a bad run. Don't think that'll happen this season though. 

2 tough game coming up, would take 3 points from the 6 right now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

No. I think the last two games in particular we got away with it, either through last ditch goalkeeping or less than clinical finishing by the opposition.

But....

Plenty of reasons to be confident going forward.

So YES then?

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Having your keeper making saves is not getting away with it .....that's what we pay him for . 

• Haha 1

I can’t get to games these days, so I follow live games on the OMDT. The general consensus on there, is we are totally useless and DM never gets the tactics right. So in conclusion l can’t be confident about our chances this season, when so many “Owlstalkers” are telling me how garbage we are.

Far from it.

If we have developed a Rotherham type ability to not play particularly well, but consistently find a way to win, fair enough, my confidence might grow, but i worry that some players might not recapture the high performance levels of the second half of last season and until we (hopefully) bring in some different attacking options, we are going to struggle to breakdown teams who try to stop us playing. That and being played off the park for an hour last week, by a side that haven't won a point yet this season, doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

I can’t get to games these days, so I follow live games on the OMDT. The general consensus on there, is we are totally useless and DM never gets the tactics right. So in conclusion l can’t be confident about our chances this season, when so many “Owlstalkers” are telling me how garbage we are.

It's not 'so many' it's a mouthy few doing it because they need attention

Ignore them

They don't represent the majority view whatsoever

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I’m rarely confident about anything, Wednesday included, but I have a feeling that tomorrow’s game will be one where we set out a statement to the rest of the league, in a very positive way; a bit like the MK Dons game last season (well, most of that game at least).

Don’t know why but I do.

UTO.

I won't be drawing too many conclusions after 3 games but it's definitely a case of so far so good.

It was imperative that we got a good start this season and that appears to be happening. 

If we can get 10 games in around the 20 point mark I'll then start to feel pretty confident that we will be serious automatic contenders as you would imagine it's highly likely we will grow stronger as the season progresses.