Have the last three games given you confidence?

Our achiles heel for a long time has been crumbling when things aren't going well.  I'm convinced if it was last season we'd have lost to Pompey and Charlton, and probably shipped a last minute equaliser followed by a stoppage time winner for MK Dons.  The team looks to be more mentally strong and I don't think, or rather I hope, we won't ship so many late goals.

Plus we have a few new players who will take time to gel, we are traditionally slow starters and tend to get better as the season goes on, so there is definitely reason for a lot of confidence.  Very early days though.

Confidence that we can grind out wins from scrappy games, sure.

Confidence that we will dominate the league, not so far... would want us to be able to start a game, control midfield, feel that this game is under control and we have possession... don't mind if these games end 1-0 even, but right now it's kind of nail biting and expecting poo to happen 😄

Yes…….BUT the success of our season will depend on whether we can get those 2-3 new signings which we all know we need.  People talk about pace and we do need some of that, something different to change style and shake up a game.

We’ve not got out of 3rd gear this season and from that perspective the results have been welcoming.  I’m pleased at where we are in the league!

We’ll get better.  This is an attritional league and hopefully our strength in depth will give us an edge over many teams over the course of a long season.  Every player will have a key role to play.  

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Away at Peterborough midweek might be the toughest fixture of the season on paper, or certainly up there. Avoid defeat tomorrow and I think we’re looking at a really strong start. A great start if we can get all 3 points.

Definitely agree with this. It’s going to be very interesting to see how this goes. I’m always hopeful for three points but this could be tough. 

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Definitely agree with this. It’s going to be very interesting to see how this goes. I’m always hopeful for three points but this could be tough. 

As yet Not confident at all can’t finish we should have smashed Portsmouth in first 45 and same at MK sill not sure we DM have a plan / playing identity still worried 

the team we have next two games should be 4 points min 

11 hours ago, Onge said:

Thirty years of being a Wednesday fan has made me immune to confidence. Cautiously optimistic is the best I can muster...

Even my favourite ever team 83/84 found a way to ******** up the title.....no way am I confident of even going up yet....ask me at the end of November.

I've learned over the years never to be confident where the Owls are concerened, the games so far have been pretty poor from an entertainment point of view but we have to get out of this league and I take result over performance every time right now, 7 points from 9 is a good return, we haven't settled as a side yet, the transfer window is still open and we will get better, it bodes well.

Reserve judgement until after the next two, both very very tricky games and losing both games is far more likely than winning both. 

I think one point from the two games will be the outcome. 

For me the level of performance in the games will be just as important as the result. 

7 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Reserve judgement until after the next two, both very very tricky games and losing both games is far more likely than winning both. 

While they could be tough games I wouldn't say losing is far more likely  than winning.......i feel we have better players than them and if we perform the odds should be in our favour .

They say win one and one draw from each set of 2 games is what you look for - so a draw or better tonight and the 2pts average per game or more is what you need to get promoted ... so no complaints from me.

To get out of this league you need to win ugly at times when not playing well - exactly what rovrum did last season ... at the moment if we can do that and keep scrapping those 1-0's when not playing good - then 3 points are more important for me t get out of this league ! 

A win tonight and anyone who complains needs to give themselves a good slap - or get to lane! 

Fact we sit with 7 from 9 and not at our best shows it's a good start.

I think fans need to get over the fact that we won't play well every game, we will find our rhythm as season progresses.

We are going in the right direction.