Games that upset you

More angry than upset but remember a

game at Highfield Road in the premier league relegation season 

A must win game and we completely capitulated 

Lost 4-1 and one of the first time I heard the chant “you’re not fit to wear the shirt”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

We had a 3-3 draw at Hillsborough with Chesterfield back in the Jack Carlton days 

The ref gave them,. EVERYTHING.

Funny enough met some 60 something Chesterfield fans the other day and they are full of it as one if thier best days 

Infuriating 

I was actually going to mention this game. Almost the last minute and 3:2 up. Chesterfield had a corner which was headed wide by Rodney Fern (Bald Headed B*stard......as we used to sing) Every player walked away for the goal kick and the ref gave another corner, which of course they scored from! I was livid all the way home.

• Like 1

5-1 at Exeter back in 2010 I think it was. Proper upsetting as I live in Exeter and had to take quite a bit of flak as I lived next door to one of their directors at the time. Total embarrassment of a performance which I sincerely hope we don’t repeat this November. 

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Always remembered as Di Canio last game, In hindsight I would have forgiven him

I assume your forgiveness is towards DiCanio rather than Alcock?

Alcock's bad balance, stumbling and falling started a chain of events that turned a standard sending off into major news, scandal and ultimately us losing a fantastic player. Our chairman acted in his best personal interests (siding with the FA rather than the club) which lead to DiCanio's mate Benito leaving as well under a manager unsupported and unable to deal with what followed. We've very rarely looked forward since.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

I assume your forgiveness is towards DiCanio rather than Alcock?

Alcock's bad balance, stumbling and falling started a chain of events that turned a standard sending off into major news, scandal and ultimately us losing a fantastic player. Our chairman acted in his best personal interests (siding with the FA rather than the club) which lead to DiCanio's mate Benito leaving as well under a manager unsupported and unable to deal with what followed. We've very rarely looked forward since.

All credit to Benito he stuck around for a while

Cup final replay is an obvious one.

The last day of the season relegation jobs are hard to look past too. The Palace one not so long ago when Leon kicked the advertisement board and their fans ripped the pish and invaded the pitch. The capitulation against Forest at Hillsborough when Luton stayed up at our expense too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Not football related but how Jason Manford makes money masquerading as a comedian upsets me. 

Pound shop Paddy McGuinness, can't think of a worse insult than that :duntmatter:

More angry than upset was the 4-0 hammering away at Leyton Orient. Such a miserable performance. 

Of all the awful performances I have witnessed that was the first, and to this day only, game that I have left early. Think I left after about 75 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

The 2-0 home loss to Wimbledon in the FA Cup Quarter Final in 1997 was a real missed opportunity.

The Top 4 (Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle) had all crashed out and so if we had won it would have been a semi-final against Chelsea, the only good team left in the tournament. Yes, they were better than us, but they only finished a couple of points above us in the league and that Booth, Hirst, Carbone team had only lost 1 in 19 in the league at that point (inc. a draw away at Chelsea) so could have been an opportunity for a smash and grab win to set up an FA Cup final against relegated Middlesbrough.

A bog standard Everton team had won the cup a couple of years previously, so the idea of Peter Atherton lifting the FA Cup isn't as fanciful as it sounds!

I was going to say that too. We had been so hard to beat that season and we went out with a total whimper. Humphreys went clear on goal to equalise in the second half and you could tell from the moment he got played through his confidence had completely gone. The season just sort of petered out after that and we got dicked by Blackburn and West Ham which meant no UEFA Cup slot. Real disappointment.