Games that upset you

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Funnily enough it's 3 results against Derby...The 3-3, all the fans been ushered onto buses and seeing Wednesday fans fighting each.

0-3 at Pride Park under Dave Jones.  There was nothing there.  Tactics were give Reda the ball and hoof it.  We definatly hit a wall then and i'd had enough.

3-1 at home under Monk.  Pathetic, we surrended before kick off.  No desire, no energy and no hope.  18 months of turning into a crisis club.

Speaking of Derby, what about the game at home in the premier league where we lost 5-2 

It wasn’t just the result (to be honest we did get mullered) but there was a huge sense that something really wasnt right behind the scenes. 

Specifically Hirsty fighting with Carbone 

• Like 1

Probably too many to mention but off the top of my head:

Owls 0 Everton 5 - After numerous stalemates a total capitulation, I left just after half time

Owls 0 Forest 3 - Relegation confirmed after a Forest demolition job, pigs going up same day truly cemented an awful weekend

Owls 1 Pigs 3 - Really thought we'd avenge the 2-0 at their place, this was worse

FA Cup Final Replay - Woods!!!!!!!!!

Hull Play Off Final - never turned up after so much promise

2-4 - No comment

I'm sure theres more.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Probably too many to mention but off the top of my head:

Owls 0 Everton 5 - After numerous stalemates a total capitulation, I left just after half time

Owls 0 Forest 3 - Relegation confirmed after a Forest demolition job, pigs going up same day truly cemented an awful weekend

Owls 1 Pigs 3 - Really thought we'd avenge the 2-0 at their place, this was worse

FA Cup Final Replay - Woods!!!!!!!!!

Hull Play Off Final - never turned up after so much promise

2-4 - No comment

I'm sure theres more.

I would go with these including FA Cup semi finals against Brighton and Everton. 

There was an away game vs QPR a couple of seasons ago - Lukahay was manager - he left out Tom Lees and the team played like a school team. none of them had a clue what actual formation was being played - I had never seen such an unprofessional outing of Wednesday and it was clear that the manager had no clue whatsoever what his game plan was.

18 minutes ago, owlfandbg said:

There was an away game vs QPR a couple of seasons ago - Lukahay was manager - he left out Tom Lees and the team played like a school team. none of them had a clue what actual formation was being played - I had never seen such an unprofessional outing of Wednesday and it was clear that the manager had no clue whatsoever what his game plan was.

The game at Millwall where he went with a 5-5-0 formation was, in the nicest possible terms, utterly f*cking bizarre too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owlfandbg said:

I was at this game, we made QPR look like prime Barcelona, atrocious.

The 4-2 against them w@nkers is the one really. 

Just a flipping awful day all round that. The fact we got back into it (all the momentum on our side) and then threw it away in a matter of 30 or so seconds was utterly shameful. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The 4-2 against them w@nkers is the one really. 

Just a flipping awful day all round that. The fact we got back into it (all the momentum on our side) and then threw it away in a matter of 30 or so seconds was utterly shameful. 

I was a fan of Carlos but can never forgive him for this one, the pigs will be dining out on it for years.

Just now, toppOwl said:

I was a fan of Carlos but can never forgive him for this one, the pigs will be dining out on it for years.

Yeah, that was the day you knew he was completely and utterly done. 

We never got to grips fully with the occasions, whilst they were so up for it. 

In saying that, I thought there was only one winner when Joao makes it 2-2...but then Dumb and Dumber (Lees and Joost) put an end to that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, that was the day you knew he was completely and utterly done. 

We never got to grips fully with the occasions, whilst they were so up for it. 

In saying that, I thought there was only one winner when Joao makes it 2-2...but then Dumb and Dumber (Lees and Joost) put an end to that. 

Yeah we had a 15min spell where we were battering them, some of their fans told me after they thought they'd blown it at that stage, Van Aken WTF:

Oh dear, this post has opened a number of lingering sores. Games that really upset me

Rotherham away 1982 - 2-2 draw with one of the most blatant dives you will ever see by Towner and then big daft Emlyn celebrating in front of our fans. What seemed like certain promotion 3 games before was now disappearing before our eyes.

Brighton semi 1983 - first time I cried at a match. Not that I thought we'd beat Man Utd/Arsenal in the final, but just to get to the final would have been immense as it only happened to other teams.

Chelsea LC quarter final 1984 - only 2 decent teams left at this stage and we got drawn away to the other decent team, the winner of which would have been hot favourite to win the cup. We did the hard bit by bringing them back for a replay, and at half time we were 3-0 having absolutely battered them. What happened afterwards was so bloomin' typical.....even in the second replay (yes you youngsters matches were decided on the pitch rather than by the lottery of penalties) it was a last minute goal that beat us....again bloomin' typical. Having said this, Chelsea must have been even sicker losing to a shocking Sunderland team over 2 legs in the semi.

Forest 0-3 in 1990 - relegated us but with hindsight it was the best thing that happened to us as it gave the players the opportunity to go out and win regularly which kind of lead to the LC win which I'm not sure would have been the case if we'd stayed up.

FA Cup Final 1993 - need I say more

Huddersfield play off second leg - I didn't see the first leg so can't comment on how we approached it but the second leg was a shambles. Not attempting to attack from the off was bad but then conceding a soft own goal equaliser was the icing on the cake. Mind you, it was the symptomatic of how we'd approached most of the games that season.

• Thanks 1

On 24/06/2022 at 19:55, 31Dec1966 said:

This,this,this!  It was always my dream (still is) to see Wednesday win the FA Cup and we were so close. To let in the softest of goals in the very last minute still breaks my heart. It will never happen now 

Yep, and our 20 goal a season striker miss what was practically an open bloody goal from 8 yarsd just after we'd equalised. It would have been game over as Arsenal had completely lost it. Bright would have been immortalised if he'd scored after getting the winner in the semi against the great unwashed