Games that upset you

Some great calls here like Derby away, the Chelsea (Canoville) game and lots of obvious ones.  I'll throw a couple of daft ones into the mix, more annoyance than upset. That cup game last season that we lost 3-0 (was it Hartlepool) and we looked horrendous. I'd bought a ticket for the North Stand and by the time mates got their tickets they had decided to stop selling on the North. I sat there with about 25 other fans absolutely frozen thinking DM really has no clue what he's doing.

Does anyone remember us playing Blackpool in a similar cup last time we were in L1. I think most fans had decided we were destined for a Wembley trip then we bottled it at home. That was annoying. Then there was Stoke away not long before Covid when the season was going well and we suddenly imploded in the 2nd half

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

The home game against Huddersfield is the most devastated I’ve ever felt after a game.

Lasted a while too. 

That was our chance to go up. 

Huddersfield finished the season with a minus 2 goal difference and didn't score a goal themselves in the play offs but still got promoted. Don't suppose that makes you feel any better....

Guest Jack the Hat
49 minutes ago, andym1 said:

Pound shop Paddy McGuinness, can't think of a worse insult than that :duntmatter:

He’s playing tramlines. I’ll be the one throwing tomatoes. They will still be in the tin.

2 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

87 Cup QF defeat to Coventry, really expected us to win that one. 

4-4 draw in 85 with Chelsea again at half time expected a win. 

That Coventry  one  ruined my birthday I had  to wait 6 years for the Blackburn cup semi to take away the pain 😁

Wimbledon away last season 

Gillingham away last season

Lincoln away last season 

Shrewsbury away last season 

Gillingham home last season 

Cheltenham away last season 

Morecambe home last season

Cambridge away last season 

all absolutely dreadful sides that we couldn’t put away 

7 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The FA Cup final replay in 1993 still hurts all these years later.

This,this,this!  It was always my dream (still is) to see Wednesday win the FA Cup and we were so close. To let in the softest of goals in the very last minute still breaks my heart. It will never happen now 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I was just a month shy of my 7th birthday, left an indelible mark.

Thanks Mum!

In fairness I was allowed a 7th Birthday party with a Football Pitch cake and Wednesday figurines on top of it.

Didn't realise they were Wednesday as we had the blue Arsenal kit at the time and this was the first time I recalled seeing us in stripes which my Mum assured me was the proper kit. She even offered to get me the team in red & white stripes if I preferred to which I politely responded something along the lines of "not on your Nelly!" 

Two years later she bought me my first Wednesday shirt (again the blue Arsenal kit).

I was raised proper!

7 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The FA Cup final replay in 1993 still hurts all these years later.

This x100000000

A Sunday league keeper could have saved what was a routine header straight at him. Yet somehow an England international misread it and went down instead of standing there when it was an easy tip over.

• Like 3

1981/82 v Luton at home 3-3 draw. The worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen ( John Lovatt from Crewe)

1983 semi final 

4-4 draw with Chelsea in 1985 ( we would have won the league cup if we had seen that game out)

1986 semi final

0-3 v Forest in 1990

Both games against the pigs 91/92

3-3 away to Derby 1999/00

And the winner by a country mile…

1993 FA cup final replay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

4-4 draw with Chelsea in 1985 ( we would have won the league cup if we had seen that game out)

What makes you say that?

Chelsea lost to Sunderland in the semi and they got beaten 1-0 by a very good Norwich side in the final!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

This x100000000

A Sunday league keeper could have saved what was a routine header straight at him. Yet somehow an England international misread it and went down instead of standing there when it was an easy tip over.

Dead right.

If you can manage it, watch from 5.45 min below. I lost confidence in our England's no1 at this point. I never thought he could do worse than this. He nearly did in the March game with the Pigs later on that season.

That was after conceding 6 to Leeds and 7 to Arsenal as well.

Then he topped it all in the cup final replay.

Nice away kit though......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

What makes you say that?

Chelsea lost to Sunderland in the semi and they got beaten 1-0 by a very good Norwich side in the final!

Is the very good Norwich side that got relegated alongside Sunderland the same season???

• Like 1

The 3-3 away at Derby the year we got relegated from the prem when we were 3-1 up with barely any time left but still managed to throw it away. Totally pathetic the way we messed that up and we never recovered. Since then we've maintained the awful habit of conceding late goals, like a curse that's yet to be lifted, although you could argue that started in the '93 replay.

• Thanks 1