Games that upset you

The Palace relegation game upset me for a few reasons.

Firstly again we’d thrown it away when survival was in our hands.

It was also shown live on normal telly so our humiliation was broadcast to as wide a range of people as possible, a humiliation made worse when that pillock decides to break his toes in celebration.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

93 cup final replay.

Arsenal in 98 when Aldock fell over, the literal tipping point for decline we still haven't recovered from.

Leeds 1-6 and Newcastle 8-0 really, really upset me.

Always remembered as Di Canio last game, In hindsight I would have forgiven him

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

It was also shown live on normal telly so our humiliation was broadcast to as wide a range of people as possible, a humiliation made worse when that pillock decides to break his toes in celebration.

His next game at Hillsborough scores 2 for Blunts 

• Like 1

• 1988 FA Cup 3rd Round 3rd Replay SWFC 0 Everton 5   left the ground as soon as their fith goal went in before HT.
  • SWFC 1 Weeds 6 1991/92 Season 
  • SWFC 0 Forest 3 1989/90 Season
  • SWFC 1 PIGS 3 1991/92 Season
  • SWFC 1 Forest 7 1994/95 Season
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Sunderland both legs. Awful tactics in the first game and pathetic by Storey and to a lesser extent NML in the second 

2. Huddersfield. Rhodes not taking a penalty

3. Pigs 2-4 defeat. We were appalling and the downfall for Carlos started there

4. Derby 3-3 we should have beaten them

These are just ones in recent memory. There are loads!

• Thanks 1

Relegation game against Man §hitty when even they didn't want to win. Only time I cried at a football match...even though I was only 12. Didn't really imagine how bad things could get at Wednesday. Still love em to bits though UTO 

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The FA Cup semi final against the Blunts in 1993

It really should have been 10-1

I watched that game back recently and it was nowhere near as one-sided as I remembered.

After 80 minutes the game opened up and we should have scored several (Kelly performed heroics). But the first half in particular was even. Warhurst hit the post a couple of times, but they were really half-chances and United had some decent chances too.

The 2-0 home loss to Wimbledon in the FA Cup Quarter Final in 1997 was a real missed opportunity.

The Top 4 (Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle) had all crashed out and so if we had won it would have been a semi-final against Chelsea, the only good team left in the tournament. Yes, they were better than us, but they only finished a couple of points above us in the league and that Booth, Hirst, Carbone team had only lost 1 in 19 in the league at that point (inc. a draw away at Chelsea) so could have been an opportunity for a smash and grab win to set up an FA Cup final against relegated Middlesbrough.

A bog standard Everton team had won the cup a couple of years previously, so the idea of Peter Atherton lifting the FA Cup isn't as fanciful as it sounds!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

On a par with City and Liverpooooo......ooool as Jason Manford would say

Not football related but how Jason Manford makes money masquerading as a comedian upsets me. 

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

We had a 3-3 draw at Hillsborough with Chesterfield back in the Jack Carlton days 

The ref gave them,. EVERYTHING.

Funny enough met some 60 something Chesterfield fans the other day and they are full of it as one if thier best days 

Infuriating 

Wasn't it at Satergate? 

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Out of all the disappointments we've had, that one didn't bother me as much as the others. The situation only existed because Palace had a points deduction - we should've already been relegated so were lucky we were even in with a chance on the final day. We were the third worst team in the division on merit across the whole season, not because of that game.