21 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I went there when we came up under sturrock and eagles, best etc had just signed. Was on the front row with police stood with cameras in our face all game. Then we got locked in after the game 😅

Jeez last time I went to Stoke, I think Lee Hendrie was playing for them. 🤣. Must have been a cup game mid week.

I'm sure Andy Booth missed a sitter and we lost. Well somebody did. I deffo remember that we had to pre purchase car park tickets from the club before the game.

Vale, I've definitely been twice, grim grim grim.

Edited by Maddogbob

8 hours ago, The coach said:

No way Pedro..it used to be..remember that manic bank holiday on big open terrace..about 1990..some serious disorder b4 the game..we took about 5k..these days we will just get behind the goal 2500 tops

we'll just wait and see on how many tickets we'll get.😉

Vale had the away end against Swindon in the playoffs & gave them the other end which holds roughly half the amount, meaning they only gave Swindon just over 2000 tickets.

This was deemed a roaring success and extremely popular with the locals …….

Vale will make an announcement in the next few days on whether this is to be a permanent arrangement!

There's only one thing I can wish for you all when going to Port Vale.

The Naughty Forty are elsewhere.

Went to the game we lost 3-0 under Turner. Horrible wait for a taxi back. Eventually got one to Stoke station, only for the Naughty Forty to be waiting there. 

Stoke is a monumental $hithole............................last time at Vale park for me was the promotion winning season under big Ron.

Port Vale had a tasty little side in those days....Robbie Earle , Darren Beckford etc......and I think Gareth Ainsworth ?

Edited by Screen Door Slams

3 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Stoke is a monumental $hithole............................last time at Vale park for me was the promotion winning season under big Ron.

Port Vale had a tasty little side in those days....Robbie Earle , Darren Beckford etc......and I think Gareth Ainsworth ?

plus this legend as well.😉

image.png.fa010512e6e21c9b044f97472f69b299.png

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Jeez last time I went to Stoke, I think Lee Hendrie was playing for them. 🤣. Must have been a cup game mid week.

I'm sure Andy Booth missed a sitter and we lost. Well somebody did. I deffo remember that we had to pre purchase car park tickets from the club before the game.

Vale, I've definitely been twice, grim grim grim.

I'm sure Andy Booth missed a sitter! You could say that about any game he was in, surely. Sorry Shirley

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Ian Taylor too, who we picked up from there for a cool million quid 

2 hours ago, JohnSheridansBigToe said:

I'm sure Andy Booth missed a sitter! You could say that about any game he was in, surely. Sorry Shirley

If he was even quick enough to get there to miss it. He used to run about like the tin man with a bad back and then he bent double

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Went there in the 80's, found a local pub good atmosphere plenty of singing and banter. suddenlly bombarded with beer bottles, someone threw a table through the window and we all jumped out. very scary

Me and brother were stood outside when it came through window. :duntmatter:

Always trouble there, they know what pubs away fans go in and ambush them throwing bricks and anything not nailed down they are ******** horrible doesn't matter if you wear a shirt and aren't looking for trouble they will attack you, old or not. 

• Like 1

Went to a rock festival at Port Vales ground on August 1st. 1981, primarily to see Ozzy in his prime🤘

Pre "satnav" days, so spent ages (honestly) looking for a town called Port Vale, before realising the town doesn't exist & the stadium is in Burslem, near Stoke!

Apparently they are the only football league club that is not actually named after a place?🤔

Anyway, big old stadium in the day, that has since become an all seater and consequently has a considerably reduced capacity now.

About 15k. now, apparently.

I remember their days under manager John Rudge, who was & still is a legend with their supporters.

They thoroughly deserved their victory yesterday.......

Won't miss having to endure  Nigel Cloughs miserable post match interviews after we had taken 6 points off his team next season........😂

25 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Always trouble there, they know what pubs away fans go in and ambush them throwing bricks and anything not nailed down they are ******** horrible doesn't matter if you wear a shirt and aren't looking for trouble they will attack you, old or not. 

jez your not trying to sell this away day ,i better not take the kids and wear some body armour take a baseball bat and probably wear army gear . is this 10x worse than millwall? 

I remember back in the 70s I used to go to the school library to check the AA guide as to where the next away match I'm going to was.

Certainly had me stumped did Port Vale, checked every square inch of coastline looking for it🤣

I remember Top Boy Tommo being taken off their Kop only for them to surge down towards them as they walked around the pitch. He just jumped back in windmilling and they scattered. Funny as....

1 hour ago, Hirstyslaces said:

Went to a rock festival at Port Vales ground on August 1st. 1981, primarily to see Ozzy in his prime🤘

Pre "satnav" days, so spent ages (honestly) looking for a town called Port Vale, before realising the town doesn't exist & the stadium is in Burslem, near Stoke!

Apparently they are the only football league club that is not actually named after a place?🤔

Anyway, big old stadium in the day, that has since become an all seater and consequently has a considerably reduced capacity now.

About 15k. now, apparently.

I remember their days under manager John Rudge, who was & still is a legend with their supporters.

They thoroughly deserved their victory yesterday.......

Won't miss having to endure  Nigel Cloughs miserable post match interviews after we had taken 6 points off his team next season........😂

Arsenal??