Guest Jack the Hat

Went there in the promotion season of 91. I got in the car and my mate says where’s Port Vale? I said I think it’s in London and he said don’t be stupid it near Birmingham. In the end we drove to the magic roundabout in town and followed a car with scarves hanging out the window, which worked a great. Turns out it’s in Stoke on Toast. True story. Would have gone up if we’d won but drew.

7 hours ago, morganowl said:

jez your not trying to sell this away day ,i better not take the kids and wear some body armour take a baseball bat and probably wear army gear . is this 10x worse than millwall? 

Trust me keep a low profile..They make Millwall look like angels

9 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Went there in the 80's, found a local pub good atmosphere plenty of singing and banter. suddenlly bombarded with beer bottles, someone threw a table through the window and we all jumped out. very scary

I was in that boozer..think it wer in the square at burslem..in hindsight probably not the best place to drink..sure it was a bank holiday Monday or summat..reyt hot day??

On 28/05/2022 at 19:44, upperwinngardensowl said:

Went way back in the 70s. Loads of trouble and I don’t think they have changed much

Yep. Went with a couple of mates mid 70s. Asked an old lad for directions to the ground and he sent us the wrong way the barsteward.