SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Guest Musttryharder

This is comedy gold. When we dont get a player whos on the radar or doesnt accept a contract offer, he is suddenly crap. Priceless.

Smith would have been nice, but plenty more available and always a short term fix, given his age. 

The lad has had a look round, played the game and got himself a good long term contract out of Rotherham. He'll also get to play championship football for a season (before they are relegated again).

No hard feelings, we move on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Just did. I’m a handsome fellow!!  Seriously though, all this ‘he’s been down to the training ground stuff’ is wearing a bit thin’ especially when it’s obviously not true.

I have a very good source of information, just because the players have been down to the ground doesn’t mean they will sign on the dotted line !! #uto 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Depends how desperate we are for another target man? I personally think we could do with a physical type who can get about the pitch and stretch defences.

A physical type isn't the type the stretches defenses. Defenses get stretched from pacey in behind runners or people playing between the lines. A physical type will generally do the opposite and lead the line looking to win the 1v1 duels.

10 hours ago, Owls77 said:

3 year deal for a 31 year old….thanks but no thanks

A shame as he would have done a job but that’s a very good contract for Smith at his age. 

Rotherham really needed him to stay too looking at their options. They look really light up front and have only signed Conor Washington who is pish with a capital P. 

Not sure I trust the reliability of the source regarding Michael Smith.

Seems to regurgitate most other peoples stories whilst chucking a few in himself. 

Can’t find anything that suggests he works for Talksport or BBC either.

19 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I may be wrong , but , our first two signings may suggest that we are working under a more stringent wage bill.

Posted this yesterday , and its looking more and more likely , don`t get me wrong , for once DC may be cutting his cloth appropriately but taking everything into account ,     the two signings we have made , Wildsmith and Mendez-Laing turning down offers ,  and targets like Tucker and Smith opting for MK and Rotherham ,  would seem to back this up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pulixifer said:

A physical type isn't the type the stretches defenses. Defenses get stretched from pacey in behind runners or people playing between the lines. A physical type will generally do the opposite and lead the line looking to win the 1v1 duels.

Weren’t Hirsty and Dalian Atkinson the type of player I’m describing?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Not sure I trust the reliability of the source regarding Michael Smith.

Seems to regurgitate most other peoples stories whilst chucking a few in himself. 

Can’t find anything that suggests he works for Talksport or BBC either.

I agree with you on this

The source was quoting Rosenior was getting the Blackpool job this time last week, basically quoting what Nixon was saying

Would be funny seeing the Millers spending a huge amount of their budget on a striker that doesn’t score in the championship 

Be interesting re luongo . Will he train tomorrow if he hasn’t signed a new deal ? Contract runs out in few weeks as it stands . Interestingly he put a short video on Instagram yesterday with a mini highlights reel of some tackles and an assist v Oxford away . Whether that’s any sort of indication or good/ bad . I’d say it’s a good sign but 

• Like 1