SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 minute ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Don’t think we’ll get Smith, Camara or Stockley 

2 got champ interest, Stockley wants to stay close as he can to Bournemouth 

Got a sneaking feeling that Smith might sign. Yes, he's got his offer from Rotherham, but at 30 this will be his last chance to get big money - money that we can offer - while still staying in local area.

Trafford

Smith Dean Gibson

Hunt Camara Bannan Johnson

Windass

Gregory Stockley 

Would take that as a starting lineup. Hopefully sign a pacy forward, a left wing back option and another centre half and possibly midfield player. Bonne would be a good option, I think we might see John-Jules back on loan too. Sbarra at Burton was linked who I think would be a good punt. Don’t know much about O’Connor the centre half, but Bradford fans rate him highly. 

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Trafford

Smith Dean Gibson

Hunt Camara Bannan Johnson

Windass

Gregory Stockley 

Would take that as a starting lineup. Hopefully sign a pacy forward, a left wing back option and another centre half and possibly midfield player. Bonne would be a good option, I think we might see John-Jules back on loan too. Sbarra at Burton was linked who I think would be a good punt. Don’t know much about O’Connor the centre half, but Bradford fans rate him highly. 

That starting 11 plus a few good subs would see me heading to the bookies to lump on us winning the league. No doubt half the bûggers would then get injured etc but if the team ends up close to that HMS Pi55 the League will

definitely be firing up her propeller! 

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Anyone concerned that there hasn't been any concrete rumours? The local media boys are just rehashing old stories, no left field rumours from pubs, training fields, or second cousins of the club secretary.

Nothing from Nixon either, so are we keeping our cards very close to our chests ?  Or has DC lost interest?  

Or am I a big girls blouse and it's only a matter of time before we reveal our spanking new squad, which will brush everyone aside?

Look at it this way, we signed loads last summer and don't remember many of them being linked through press much before signing, majority only came up when young att followed them on Instagram.

Think we just keep recruitment close to our chest until finalized 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flash said:

I know some people are turning there nose up at this but I think as a free transfer he’s a good signing. 

Yes he’s 31 in October but scored 10 goals last season in a relegated L1 team, and 17 the season before with them.

Won the most aerial battles in league last season so would give us a focal point up top along with help with our disastrous defending of set pieces. Was a handful both times we played them scoring in 1. 

Signing him on a free on what would presumably be a cheap-ish wage along with a Stockley/Smith type would be very good business IMO. 

Given that Gregory is the main no 9, bringing in smith or stockley there is a battle there to keep them happy as both would have a good case to start games and we’ve had this issue before. It’s not necessarily a bad problem but I think someone like Oliver comes in as a direct Kamberi/Nuhiu replacement someone to do the ugly side of the game without having the guaranteed starting spot. I think we’d then need someone to compete with Windass too.

I think Oliver would divide the fan base but it would be a safe move. He’s been around the lower leagues, knows the physicality inside out but since being at Northampton he’s started finding the net and has something like 30 goals in the last two seasons whereas at other clubs he was more a low scoring target man. I think he’d surely have a good reason to prove himself here too and having two local lads up front wouldn’t be a bad thing. I’ve been seen some good moments from him in the playoffs for Northampton and he scored at Hillsborough too. He’s one of those that knows what he’s good at and doesn’t try and be anything else but he’s good at bringing others into the game. On a free it would be ok.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Anyone concerned that there hasn't been any concrete rumours? The local media boys are just rehashing old stories, no left field rumours from pubs, training fields, or second cousins of the club secretary.

Nothing from Nixon either, so are we keeping our cards very close to our chests ?  Or has DC lost interest?  

Or am I a big girls blouse and it's only a matter of time before we reveal our spanking new squad, which will brush everyone aside?

I'm worried too. The whole thing can only point towards a supply crisis of concrete due to Brexit, the local media lot being on the beach when they should be out in the pubs listening out for Andy Sinton rumours , Nixon having no real interest in us / and / or he's waiting for the contracts of players who might be linked to us to run out. DC has almost certainly said to hell with the whole thing and we're about to be sold to the bloke who's about to not buy Derby. Or Ashley. Definitely not Red Bull though. On top of this, the players we've offered contracts to haven't confirmed whether they're staying or going. It's a farce. 

I can't sleep.

Think we can start signing this Friday and i expect a couple of signings then. We have some money this time so expect a few in that we don't suspect. Hunt will sign, already said he would be happy to stay. Think Wildsmith will leave to get game time. Luongo will go back to Australia and NML will go to a championship side.

Ironically hirst just what we require? Young hungry point to prove ,with what we saw at Pompey game mobile got in good positions was bit of a handful and was impressed, only going to get stronger….however just cannot see dc backing down over this and bringing him back? Be a huge thing from him personally to do that ! Hope the bizzle is right tho we’ll see I guess

39 minutes ago, Otley Owl said:

I'm worried too. The whole thing can only point towards a supply crisis of concrete due to Brexit, the local media lot being on the beach when they should be out in the pubs listening out for Andy Sinton rumours , Nixon having no real interest in us / and / or he's waiting for the contracts of players who might be linked to us to run out. DC has almost certainly said to hell with the whole thing and we're about to be sold to the bloke who's about to not buy Derby. Or Ashley. Definitely not Red Bull though. On top of this, the players we've offered contracts to haven't confirmed whether they're staying or going. It's a farce. 

I can't sleep.

There, there, there x 

• Like 1