SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Someone with contact inside the club.

If you like I can DM you details, but I’d rather not plaster it all over a public domain 

So u got more detail than u have said?  Like names? 

31 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I’d completely forgotten Da Cruz ever existed. Cheers for that 

After his first game for us which I didnt go to, one of my mates said he’s absolutely brilliant is that, Da Cruz. He’s like George Best. I still rib him now about this and thankfully he’s not a scout. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Vadaine Oliver?

I know some people are turning there nose up at this but I think as a free transfer he’s a good signing. 

Yes he’s 31 in October but scored 10 goals last season in a relegated L1 team, and 17 the season before with them.

Won the most aerial battles in league last season so would give us a focal point up top along with help with our disastrous defending of set pieces. Was a handful both times we played them scoring in 1. 

Signing him on a free on what would presumably be a cheap-ish wage along with a Stockley/Smith type would be very good business IMO. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Well, I said various names, but there’s also a couple that I don’t want to put out here as it reveals my source.

Have they been mentioned in other rumours or are they completely names.

Anyone concerned that there hasn't been any concrete rumours? The local media boys are just rehashing old stories, no left field rumours from pubs, training fields, or second cousins of the club secretary.

Nothing from Nixon either, so are we keeping our cards very close to our chests ?  Or has DC lost interest?  

Or am I a big girls blouse and it's only a matter of time before we reveal our spanking new squad, which will brush everyone aside?

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Anyone concerned that there hasn't been any concrete rumours? The local media boys are just rehashing old stories, no left field rumours from pubs, training fields, or second cousins of the club secretary.

Nothing from Nixon either, so are we keeping our cards very close to our chests ?  Or has DC lost interest?  

Or am I a big girls blouse and it's only a matter of time before we reveal our spanking new squad, which will brush everyone aside?

Window is not even open yet and I am guessing we are mainly waiting to see whether Mass, NML and Hunt will sign new deals as that will massively shape recruitment.

Clearly, we are in for Smith and Camara tho

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not overly concerned - it’s still early and it’ll be as you say keeping cards close. 

I think the fact we’re not sure whether those we’ve offered contract extensions to are staying are not is probably having a small impact too. We’ll apparently have their answers this week in which that’ll probably spark activity/rumours if some aren’t signing. That in addition to the other points you made. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tony Pulis said:

Window is not even open yet and I am guessing we are mainly waiting to see whether Mass, NML and Hunt will sign new deals as that will massively shape recruitment.

Clearly, we are in for Smith and Camara tho

Don’t think we’ll get Smith, Camara or Stockley 

2 got champ interest, Stockley wants to stay close as he can to Bournemouth 

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Every summer window goes like this, then we’ll end up signing players a few weeks into the season, then they’ll need time to gel. Same old, same old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Have they been mentioned in other rumours or are they completely names.

There’s only one player that I’ve not named in my initial post (plus that of the source). The attacker in question has not been named on this thread before 

Edited by Ever the pessimist
  • Thanks 2