SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

5 hours ago, jp1981 said:

343 like Conte uses. 

GK.           

Iorfa.  New   New 

Hunt.  Baz.    Adenarin.  Marv

New CF.  Gregory.  New CF 

Although I'm not sure if our current midfielder's would be able to play this system.

Not enough legs in that midfield for me, would need a good rotation policy and strong bench to keep it fresh.

• Thanks 1

We will probably sign a few out of the blue . Ones none of us are predicting / linked with . 

even if hunt / NML and luongo all stay still  feel we need 

1 keeper 

2/3 cbs 

1 wing back

2 forwards 

GK

new 

Dawson 

CBs 

NEW 

new

new 

Iorfa 

palmer 

Brennan 

wing backs / full backs 

hunt

Johnson 

new 

palmer 

galvin 

Central midfield 

baz

byers

luongo

adenrian

FDB

Forwards / attack players 

NML

Windass

Gregory

Paterson

new 

new 

think that would give us a good rounded squad .  Ideally  left footed cb / dominant central one and then one other . One full back / wing back .  Central midfield may be ok with what we have unless we were to loan / sell on . Then 2 forwards . Probably a big target man and a pacey one . 

Got the ability to change formation then to a 4 at the back  should we need to . 

7 hours ago, jp1981 said:

343 like Conte uses. 

GK.           

Iorfa.  New   New 

Hunt.  Baz.    Adenarin.  Marv

New CF.  Gregory.  New CF 

Although I'm not sure if our current midfielder's would be able to play this system.

If I’ve learned one thing over the last six years.  Is the fact we get overrun every time with 2 in the middle.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

If I’ve learned one thing over the last six years.  Is the fact we get overrun every time with 2 in the middle.

One way to stop that is to be more pragmatic and have Bannan defending one wing when they have the ball but given the freedom to come in when we have it.

Like CC often did with Bannan and Wallace wide and Lee and Hutch in the centre.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

It happened in the final against Hull and despite a stellar season the year after, it has pretty much been the case since. Lopez gave us some level of control on the quiet and Wallace had great running power to aid the midfield two. When Lee started to slow down, every pairing since has been overrrun, including Hutch and Baz. Luongo and Byers got the better of several central midfield battles in the second half of the season, until we faced Sunderland, where we were overrun again, stopping our better players getting on the ball. Fizz, Byers and Dennis bring hope, but we need another lad like the chap from Plymouth - it’s essential.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mick70 said:

We tried 4-3-3 start last season and with players moore signed, only when we went to 3-5-2 did we look like and Start scoring goals ( with proper defenders in ) id stick with that system and try to be able to tweak and change which moore struggled to do in certain games when 3-5-2 isn’t working, but think that system will be too strong for most teams in our league 

I think he went to 3-5-2 because of injuries 

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

It happened in the final against Hull and despite a stellar season the year after, it has pretty much been the case since. Lopez gave us some level of control on the quiet and Wallace had great running power to aid the midfield two. When Lee started to slow down, every pairing since has been overrrun, including Hutch and Baz. Luongo and Byers got the better of several central midfield battles in the second half of the season, until we faced Sunderland, where we were overrun again, stopping our better players getting on the ball. Fizz, Byers and Dennis bring hope, but we need another lad like the chap from Plymouth - it’s essential.

I don't think it was Sunderland that stopped us from "playing" but rather "safety first" mentality and tactics that we employed afraid of making costly mistakes.

If we are to play brand of football that brought us results last season we HAVE TO start 3 central midfielders that are all great on the ball and creative. We also need to look at CB's that can play from the back, as whenever We played Iorfa or Dunkley, midfield didn't get to see enough of the ball, Bannan dropped deep and our game plan collapsed.

We need midfielders that our skillful on the ball and defenders that are comfortable passing it from the back.

• Thanks 1

MK Dons have signed Norwich striker Matt Dennis for an undisclosed fee.

The 20-year-old scored eight goals in 29 games on loan at Southend United in the National League last season.

The former Arsenal youth player will officially make the move when the transfer window opens on 10 June.

12 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I would like a good keeper on loan (ideally BPF if possible) but honestly didn’t know how much improvement Dawson has had from his time I’m L2. If he is to be our number one then I’ll be hoping the keeping coaches have seen enough in him to believe he can cut the mustard. If not then we are going to need a shît hot set of defenders!

Do we risk Dawson and spend the money on putting a Hector/Storey/Dean in front of him. With Iorfa hopefully match fit at some point too.

I dont for one minute think we will be about to afford the wages or the fees for the 3 of them though. But it would be a very solid defence and one that could step up to the championship.

27 minutes ago, malek said:

I don't think it was Sunderland that stopped us from "playing" but rather "safety first" mentality and tactics that we employed afraid of making costly mistakes.

If we are to play brand of football that brought us results last season we HAVE TO start 3 central midfielders that are all great on the ball and creative. We also need to look at CB's that can play from the back, as whenever We played Iorfa or Dunkley, midfield didn't get to see enough of the ball, Bannan dropped deep and our game plan collapsed.

We need midfielders that our skillful on the ball and defenders that are comfortable passing it from the back.

I agree, but we also need defenders who dont play out from the back at all costs and have the brain to put it in row Z if needed.

We got caught too many times last season and we became very predictable at times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I agree, but we also need defenders who dont play out from the back at all costs and have the brain to put it in row Z if needed.

We got caught too many times last season and we became very predictable at times.

That’s down to coaching

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Yeah, that would be my concern. Would need a holding midfielder, or get one of the CB to step out. 

Alternatively I would go 433. I'd also move iorfa back to RB to play in this formation.

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

We want a keeper we scored six against.

We release a player who scored a hat-trick against him.

Welcome to Owls world.

Maybe - and here me out here - but just maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe it's best not to judge a player based on one performance?

🥴

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

We want a keeper we scored six against.

We release a player who scored a hat-trick against him.

Welcome to Owls world.

There was a defence who could have done a lot better that day too. Not always the keepers fault!