SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

On 21/05/2022 at 14:28, FlyingOwl said:

I hope we do our business early. But it never happens. Cardiff have signed three players already.

I really want Harry McKirdy from Swindon but will command a fee. Perfect replacement for Windass though if he’s offski

Aden Flint or Harlee Dean also a must.

Ben Marshall having a medical tomorrow.

Is that Marshalls annual medical for us 🤣

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I’m fairly relaxed as to what we may or may not do in the market this summer.

I’d like to see us stick with 352 because it obviously worked for us last season. @YesWeCrann‘s tweet about the areas the club are looking at and the amount of players in each area suggests we may go 4231. I don’t think it suits the players we have at the moment.

I’d like us to target some younger players but my gut feeling is we’ll recruit 26 and over like we have always have under DC.

For fun with the players we currently have contracted I’ve tried to select a 4231 team with the players that are currently under contract which probably says it all about it not being the right formation for now but obviously this change depending on players re-signing and recruitment.

Dawson

Palmer.         Iorfa.     Brennan.    Galvin

Adeniran.    Dele-Bishiru

Windass.       Bannan.       Johnson

Gregory

🤔

Byers a must surely! 

Galvin and Brennan are not ready. And tbh I don't think either will cut the grade here unfortunately. Galvin playing tier 6 and Brennan already 22.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Byers a must surely! 

Galvin and Brennan are not ready. And tbh I don't think either will cut the grade here unfortunately. Galvin playing tier 6 and Brennan already 22.

I forgot about Byers 😂 With regards to Galvin and Brennan, as things stand they’re in the mix.

54 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally hope we can loan a few out. Would think FDB would benefit from a loan spell in league 2. 

Been saying this for a few months.

He’d benefit massively from 40 games as a regular at the top of L2 or bottom of L1 than he will getting 20 games at Wednesday were most are off the bench. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Byers a must surely! 

While Byers is a must I think Brennan and Galvin should be utilised much more this year even if just as back up.

stick with the 352 we need 4 new center halves then we can have Brennan and Palmer as back ups. Galvin can be used when Neymarv needs a rest. 

We can’t be buying a new squad every year we have to start using what we have better.

This summer we would do well to get some

of the contracted players out…. Dawson if we’re getting a new keeper, Iorfa, Brown, A Hunt, Paterson and Sow. 

18 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Corbeanu made 16 apps for us, scoring 2 and assisting 3.

He made 17 for MK Dons. Scoring 1 and assisting 1.

Wouldn't you say that based on the stats, his loan move here was more successful than his loan spell there? 

Based on that, why wouldn't Spurs loan us a player? BPF and Storey got plenty of game time, as did Dean when he was fit. No reason why they wouldn't send a player our way if the money is right. 

I’d have Corbeanau back next year 

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I wouldn't. Sorry to burst the bubble, he's exciting to watch but Johnson is a better player. Corbeanu likes his tricks but he doesn't actually achieve much,. I don't doubt he will be a top player in a few years but at present he can't defend and he's not actually that good at attacking. Watch closely he's got one move going outside and one going inside, once the defender realises that Corbeanu is in the defenders pocket.  He wants the ball to feet and never goes for the killer ball inside the full back.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally hope we can loan a few out. Would think FDB would benefit from a loan spell in league 2. 

Really ?  I fancy FDB for a big season here next year,  For me we should be building around Adeniran , Byers and FDB long term 

7 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I'd personally avoid. He's a technical player yes, but he hardly tore up roots and more often than not he tries to do too much with the ball. 

He's ideal for how Wolves set up in the prem but he needs to work on his defensive attributes, something he seemed unwilling to do with us and frustrated about.

I said it a while back when people scathed Moore for playing him out of position. Wingers for Wolves will frequently be asked to play a wing-back role depending on their opponents. Neto, Adama, Podence, Jota. All at some point filled in that wing-back rule. 

Wolves preferred formation is a back 3 so if he sees himself breaking into their first team then unfortunately it's something he needs to work on. 

4 hours ago, prowl said:

I wouldn't. Sorry to burst the bubble, he's exciting to watch but Johnson is a better player. Corbeanu likes his tricks but he doesn't actually achieve much,. I don't doubt he will be a top player in a few years but at present he can't defend and he's not actually that good at attacking. Watch closely he's got one move going outside and one going inside, once the defender realises that Corbeanu is in the defenders pocket.  He wants the ball to feet and never goes for the killer ball inside the full back.

Corbeanu had a storming match in the second leg of the play-offs against Wycombe. It's a pity we didn't have him against Sunderland. As I recall he starred and scored against the same opponents earlier in the season in a 3-0 win. Sure he can be frustrating but he's also exciting to watch. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

It's a no from me.

Mostly flattered to deceive. I also think he may have burned his bridges with us, given some of the challenges put in on him when he came on for McDons. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Corbeanu had a storming match in the second leg of the play-offs against Wycombe. It's a pity we didn't have him against Sunderland. As I recall he starred and scored against the same opponents earlier in the season in a 3-0 win. Sure he can be frustrating but he's also exciting to watch. 

I watched the Wycombe game and thought his final ball was poor at times, went past his full back easily but no end product. 

No way will he be coming back here anyway. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Wouldn’t go near him after actually reading the article. 

7E88DA61-04CB-46B4-B059-61E132526237.jpeg

Heard similar stories with NML and Berahino. Moore managed to get something out of them. I think the type of player Moore would put his arm around and give an opportunity too.

His record at this level is good.