SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Plus his club too.  He's got a year left on his contact and the Plymouth chairman had been quoted as saying they won't sell to a potential promotion rival.

I totally understand Plymouth’s stance on that one, the lad is a top player and the club will fancy there chances at a promotion push so to sell him to a league one club would be madness 

But ultimately,  if he won’t sign a new contract , they’ll have to take the best offer that’s on the table, so be interesting to see how this develops if we are in for him 

I didn’t realise how many goals Ladapo scored over his time at Rotherham. On a free it would be relatively low risk and if you had him in a pool of strikers with Gregory and Windass that’s potentially a lot of goals and an upgrade on Berahino. I don’t think we were threatening enough up front last season. We would need another target man type though. 

12 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Dean has already been told he can go by Birmingham.

The big danger with Dean is if he gets offers from Championship clubs. He's easily Championship standard.

I hope we can get him, he's a great organiser.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

The big danger with Dean is if he gets offers from Championship clubs. He's easily Championship standard.

I hope we can get him, he's a great organiser.

Don’t be worrying, he line up for us at the start of the season.  Injury permitting.

10 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Don’t be worrying, he line up for us at the start of the season.  Injury permitting.

I'm not worrying, just hoping.

I'm also hoping Gibson turns up in preseason, I can't see him getting an extension to his current contract and his injury issues might put other clubs off. (It might put us off as well but I think Moore rares him).

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

I'm hearing that Panutche Camara is going to be a possible signing if an agreement is sorted between us and player. 

Still waiting for the extra 500 Sunderland away tickets going on sale😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Dean has already been told he can go by Birmingham.

Yes he's not part of Bowyer's plans but he's got a year left on his contract.

He might want a settlement of some sorts to go, or he could just sit there for another year and pocket the money. 

Depends if he would rather play on reduced terms and I'm guessing he would want a 2 year deal at least.

32 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not saying we should sign him but I was just looking at top scores of all the leagues for last season. Was the top scorer of our league Keane the same one we had on loan a few years back? 

That's him, Will Keane.

I remember discussing him on here with someone early in the season just gone. Can't remember who but he said he's hopeless and will never do anything. 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not saying we should sign him but I was just looking at top scores of all the leagues for last season. Was the top scorer of our league Keane the same one we had on loan a few years back? 

He's being linked with Championship clubs for a fee of around 1 million pounds. He was indeed on loan with us.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yes he's not part of Bowyer's plans but he's got a year left on his contract.

He might want a settlement of some sorts to go, or he could just sit there for another year and pocket the money. 

Depends if he would rather play on reduced terms and I'm guessing he would want a 2 year deal at least.

He has a year left on his contract but he was frozen out and told he could go on a free. Dean said that himself.

38 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

That's him, Will Keane.

I remember discussing him on here with someone early in the season just gone. Can't remember who but he said he's hopeless and will never do anything. 😆

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

He's being linked with Championship clubs for a fee of around 1 million pounds. He was indeed on loan with us.

things really seem to have clicked for him at Wigan. Couldn’t believe it was the same player. 

14 hours ago, HootHoot said:

I'd personally avoid. He's a technical player yes, but he hardly tore up roots and more often than not he tries to do too much with the ball. 

He's ideal for how Wolves set up in the prem but he needs to work on his defensive attributes, something he seemed unwilling to do with us and frustrated about.

I said it a while back when people scathed Moore for playing him out of position. Wingers for Wolves will frequently be asked to play a wing-back role depending on their opponents. Neto, Adama, Podence, Jota. All at some point filled in that wing-back rule. 

Wolves preferred formation is a back 3 so if he sees himself breaking into their first team then unfortunately it's something he needs to work on. 

I’d play him Up top 

• Haha 1