SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Really ?  I fancy FDB for a big season here next year,  For me we should be building around Adeniran , Byers and FDB long term 

Adeniran and Byers I agree with I just don’t think FDB is ready yet, good engine but for me doesn’t posses enough other qualities. I think a loan spell would do him the world of good, playing week in week out. If we keep hold of Bannan, Luongo, and then have Byers and Adeniran I can’t see FDB getting much of a look in at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Disagree on the points about FDB. He's got the ball carrying skills that none of our centre mids have, the ability to pick the ball up and drive 30/40 yards palming off the opposition players is something only he has, and the game at MK, against one of the best sides in the league live on sky, he was exceptional. Think he's a guaranteed starter if Luongo departs to be honest

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't be sending FDB anywhere. For me he's probably fourth choice midfielder - assuming Luongo stays - so when the injuries come, as they inevitably do with Wednesday, he'll be straight into the team. He impressed me more this year and I expect he'll have a bigger role to play next season. And like others have said he offers a physicality that our other midfielders lack and that we've all been saying we've lacked since Wembley

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paulrs said:

I wouldn't be sending FDB anywhere. For me he's probably fourth choice midfielder - assuming Luongo stays - so when the injuries come, as they inevitably do with Wednesday, he'll be straight into the team. He impressed me more this year and I expect he'll have a bigger role to play next season. And like others have said he offers a physicality that our other midfielders lack and that we've all been saying we've lacked since Wembley

He really needs to be blooded - properly. 

Playing bit parts isn't doing him any favours - it'll bring on his game and focus immensely. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Heard similar stories with NML and Berahino. Moore managed to get something out of them. I think the type of player Moore would put his arm around and give an opportunity too.

His record at this level is good. 

To be fair he doesn't sound like a particularly disruptive influence or a waster... "nice kid", "dedicated", "keen to better himself"... sounds like it wouldn't take too much man-management to get him firing. I'm sure he'll reflect and might feel coming to a club our size is a step up in itself. At 29 you'd think it's his last chance to get a really good move so the lad's got some thinking to do. 

Freddie Ladapo is a bit ‘meh’   

We could do worse, and is an upgrade on Sow and Kamberi , but overall I’d like to think we could possibly do a bit better 

26 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Yan Dhanda released by Swansea. Very handy player.

Ben Hamer also released by Swansea. Very experienced keeper in his 30s. 

Thought Dhanda looked tidy when we played Swansea at their place. Good free kick on him as well. He’s more of a number 10 though so not sure how he’d fit into our side really

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Freddie Ladapo is a bit ‘meh’   

We could do worse, and is an upgrade on Sow and Kamberi , but overall I’d like to think we could possibly do a bit better 

Think people are setting unrealistic expectations on transfer activity.

Ladapo would be a good signing for us.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed so long as he fits in. Undoubtedly a good player but rumours of attitude issues mean that due diligence checks are especially imperative.

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeh fair play, he’s definitely scored a few goals at this level so I’d be happy enough in that respect , not sure what went off towards end of his time at Rotherham but if he’s someone DM went after on deadline day you would be surprised if he isn’t again interested now he’s been released 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not sure about Ladapo. Seems like he has something about him but reading articles about him it really sounds like he could be trouble. 

Looks like he’ll be our trouble !!  He’s already been down to the training ground to meet the lads #uto 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Wouldn’t go near him after actually reading the article. 

7E88DA61-04CB-46B4-B059-61E132526237.jpeg

"Ladapo was never a disruptive presence in training where he went quietly and diligently about his business. Several people in the Millers camp have talked of his love of the game and desire to better himself".

A goal every 157 minutes for his last two seasons in League One (Gregory was a goal every 172 minutes last season). Tall, pacy, can play up front or on the wing.

It's time to come to S6 and better yourself, Freddie lad!