SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

6 hours ago, malek said:

Cheers buddy.

Hope you followed how well likes of Oliver Rathbone, Aaron Morley and especially Scott Twine did last season. All mentioned last Summer, all available and all called cr@p by many on here.

Yep.......................your strike rate is impressive , and you missed probably the best one you suggested , Matt O,Riley who Celtic paid decent money for from MK.

While I`m on Malek I caught an U23 game late in the season and we had a lad , I think on trial  , called Dunne ?

Not the biggest but a very tidy footballer with a cultured left foot , do you know owt about him mate ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Yep.......................your strike rate is impressive , and you missed probably the best one you suggested , Matt O,Riley who Celtic paid decent money for from MK.

While I`m on Malek I caught an U23 game late in the season and we had a lad , I think on trial  , called Dunne ?

Not the biggest but a very tidy footballer with a cultured left foot , do you know owt about him mate ?

Thanks 😊 I got plenty wrong as well.

O'Riley was two Summers ago when he was available on free transfer. I was sure We had no chance of getting him this Summer.

I guess that We watched same u-23 game and that it was one against Millwall ?!

Wrote myself that Dunn impressed me and looked like a first team player taking a step down to under 23 level. Not everything he tried came of, but he showed lot of quality. Little fella but he is very confident on the ball and has sweet left foot. Likes urgency he shows in his play unlike (let's say) Alex Hunt who is supposed to be similar type of midfielder.

Hope we followed through with our interest and signed him on long term contract.

In my opinion good enough right now to be one of 6 CMs in first team rotation.

With Windass likely to leave will the club look at Berahino and maybe realise with regular game time could give us 10-15 goals next season.

if you can motivate him, there is a decent player in there, 7 goals, 2 assists in his last 13 games.

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

With Windass likely to leave will the club look at Berahino and maybe realise with regular game time could give us 10-15 goals next season.

if you can motivate him, there is a decent player in there, 7 goals, 2 assists in his last 13 games.

Hopefully not, for me it was the correct decision to release him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

For me it was always likely that Berahino agreed to sign for lower wages in order to sign improved deal if We get promoted. 

• Like 1

Kyle Wooton is a player who has the kind of attributes that would make teams want to look at him. Tall but still quite agile and reasonably quick. He just didn’t score many in the EFL. Didn’t realise he was scoring that many now. Easy option on a free but it wouldn’t scream promotion 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

See people linking Alfie May with us. Apart from last season he has done next to nothing in English football. When Moore had him at Doncaster he scored 10 goals in 92 games! 

Moore only had him for only the 18/19 season and he played 15 times and scored 1. He appeared to use him as a winger more than a striker. 

I’ll add a couple of names to the mix.

Ruben Rodrigues and Cal Roberts at Notts County.

Both technically very good and part of a side that for the most part, plays the same system as what Moore has got Wednesday playing.

There are plenty of young, talented and ambitious footballers in the National league these days. It’s time we started picking some of these gems up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, g-owls said:

There are plenty of young, talented and ambitious footballers in the National league these days. It’s time we started picking some of these gems up. 

Heard good things about Dover's midfielder George Wilkinson who just turned 18. He spent some time on trial at Stoke last season, started few games for Dover and scored peach of goal in 5:6 defeat to Wrexham.

Apparently very physically developed for his age and with solid technical basics.

Goal is at 1:02

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, malek said:

Heard good things about Dover's midfielder George Wilkinson who just turned 18. He spent some time on trial at Stoke last season, started few games for Dover and scored peach of goal in 5:6 defeat to Wrexham.

Apparently very physically developed for his age and with solid technical basics.

CRACKING GOAL!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, g-owls said:

I’ll add a couple of names to the mix.

Ruben Rodrigues and Cal Roberts at Notts County.

Both technically very good and part of a side that for the most part, plays the same system as what Moore has got Wednesday playing.

Ruben hobbled off other night, sounds just like one of our signings. lol

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Tshminga at Chesterfield is the striker I’d go for - he will player at a higher level very soon, also liked the look at Jeff King who played RB/RWB who scored their second last night. 

Jeff King must be getting on now, he scored in Boxing Day massacre. lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, malek said:

Why do we not take a gamble on players like this ?

• Like 4