SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

26 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Why would we sell Gregory to Derby and why would he want to go there ? They are still in administration as the deal to buy them is yet to be completed.

Whoosh.Zander as in fish...posted by big fish...drrr

Kyle Wootton at Notts County is out of contract. They've offered him a new one. Whether he signs is a different matter.

He'd be an interesting signing for anyone in the Football League. A striker who didn't do much when he started out with Scunthorpe, but has developed into a far better player and still at a good age.

He's a tall lad but with a decent touch and good pace. He's scored 24 goals in total this season and since going to County has a total of 59 from 133, so just over a 1:2 ratio.

Mikael Mandron has rejected a new deal at Crewe. Scored 10 goals last season, though missed a couple of months through injury. Crewe only scored 37 as a team.

Big striker 6' 3". Can't have been on high wages at Crewe. Is he what we could do with as a squad player in L1?

Described as being popular in the dressing room and a leader on Crewe forum.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Mikael Mandron has rejected a new deal at Crewe. Scored 10 goals last season, though missed a couple of months through injury. Crewe only scored 37 as a team.

Big striker 6' 3". Can't have been on high wages at Crewe. Is he what we could do with as a squad player in L1?

Good shout. The type of player we're lacking. Rotherham took a punt on a similar type and age a while back which worked out pretty well.

17 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I'm not enthused TBH.

10 goals doesn't excite me and if we are signing experienced players, would hope they have more championship experience. 

This summer is opportunity to build a championship ready squad, not a L1 one. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I'm not enthused TBH.

10 goals doesn't excite me and if we are signing experienced players, would hope they have more championship experience. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

Erico Sousa at Grimsby looked decent earlier on in the season too. Would need to play as a winger though 

I was at the Notts County v Grimsby match the other night. Sousa was the best player on the pitch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

What's your thought's Striker on Mandron? ^^^^^

Over the last 5 seasons playing in league one and two has never scored more than 11 goals in a season and has an average of 1 goal every 5 games.

Not the standard we need to be looking at, if we have no money I be looking at Will Grigg as a cheap option, good record in this league still only 30, played over 340 games in league one averaging a goal every 3 games.

if we have a bit of cash to spend maybe look at Jephcott at Plymouth, Clarke Harris at Peterborough, Kellior Dunn at Oldham. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Missed a couple of months through injury. Sign him up, he’d fit in well here. 
lol

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Over the last 5 seasons playing in league one and two has never scored more than 11 goals in a season and has an average of 1 goal every 5 games.

Not the standard we need to be looking at, if we have no money I be looking at Will Grigg as a cheap option, good record in this league still only 30, played over 340 games in league one averaging a goal every 3 games.

if we have a bit of cash to spend maybe look at Jephcott at Plymouth, Clarke Harris at Peterborough, Kellior Dunn at Oldham. 

Thanks for this room0035 - I was really just winding @striker up because he had double posted though!!!

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Thanks for this room0035 - I was really just winding @striker up because he had double posted though!!!

Sorry did mean to click on you either my phone is playing up at the moment.

I’m fairly relaxed as to what we may or may not do in the market this summer.

I’d like to see us stick with 352 because it obviously worked for us last season. @YesWeCrann‘s tweet about the areas the club are looking at and the amount of players in each area suggests we may go 4231. I don’t think it suits the players we have at the moment.

I’d like us to target some younger players but my gut feeling is we’ll recruit 26 and over like we have always have under DC.

For fun with the players we currently have contracted I’ve tried to select a 4231 team with the players that are currently under contract which probably says it all about it not being the right formation for now but obviously this change depending on players re-signing and recruitment.

Dawson

Palmer.         Iorfa.     Brennan.    Galvin

Adeniran.    Dele-Bishiru

Windass.       Bannan.       Johnson

Gregory

🤔

2 hours ago, striker said:

I'm not enthused TBH.